Gutherson > Taufua

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Don't shoot me for this, but Gutherson does everything one step faster than Taufua in my opinion. Taufua's head down attitude and culture is regressing.

Thoughts?

Guthy was caught well out of position early on but has definitely lifted since. I don't have too much negativity for Jorge and he can walk around any way he likes. :)

Hiku's play is starting to slow as well. Glimpses of brilliance but lets himself down with what I think is lethargic play.

Well, at least Taufua recognized and admitted his own poor form this season. He just needs to hold his head up, and do everything with heaps of energy.

Gutho did enough tonight to get picked again next week. Jorge can continue with his catching practice whilst he's out. Jorge will be back in before finals.

Yeah good signs from Morrissey.

Hiku and Horhay both need to knock the chillax factor back a bit and fire up!

Peta was ok positionally as usual; just too casual too often.

If they can all stay healthy and amp up we'll be ok.

Gutho shows he belongs in the top grade too.

(Hope his ankle isn't too sore)

That break Gutho made was superb, and he was only at half pace. He has an unusual style but he motors.

The other thing I got shocked about was he's a lot bigger than I thought he was. He's quite tall and not at all a bean pole. Sure he'll fill out a bit, but he's a prospect.

His form tonight was awesome. Once he puts on a few more KG's he will fill out nicely on the wing whilst serving his time for Snake to hang them up.

MWSE said:
His form tonight was awesome. Once he puts on a few more KG's he will fill out nicely on the wing whilst serving his time for Snake to hang them up.

Just like Snake did when he first burst on the scene.

He was way skinny in his early days too.

Clinton might not have quite the same speed through a gap, but he shows a lot of footy nous, and he's as quick as Hiku I'd reckon (if not quicker!)

On 2GB they were calling Gutho 'Skunk' (due to his haircut). LOL

Skunk's done very well to cover for Jorge and I hope at least one of them is fit after the 10 day rest.

RiverEagle said:
Yeah good signs from Morrissey.

Hiku and Horhay both need to knock the chillax factor back a bit and fire up!

Peta was ok positionally as usual; just too casual too often.

If they can all stay healthy and amp up we'll be ok.

Gutho shows he belongs in the top grade too.

(Hope his ankle isn't too sore)

2v said after the game that gutherson wont play next week due to injury suffered in the game

castle eagle said:
RiverEagle said:
(Hope his ankle isn't too sore)[/b]

2v said after the game that gutherson wont play next week due to injury suffered in the game

Cheers mate.

That's a bummer tho.

Hope Horhay comes good for next week now.

We do have a 10 day turnaround at least.

ALinda said:

Skunk's done very well to cover for Jorge and I hope at least one of them is fit after the 10 day rest.

O gawd Linda!

Can you imagine the debate here if ''Skunk'' starts getting a run?!

Sid has been bad enough.

LOL.

RiverEagle said:
ALinda said:

O gawd Linda!

Can you imagine the debate here if ''Skunk'' starts getting g a run?!

Sid has been bad enough.

LOL.

:D Yes, I had to think twice about posting this and the ramifications! Oh well....

Yeah gutho was awesome tonight. He is really turning into a quality player.

We need to hold on to him cause he will be crucial once snake hangs up the boots.

I don't think he should replace Jorge, Jorge has the experience and he has a rhythm with Skivvy on the left side attack.

Shame the poor guy is hurt. Hopefully Jorge is back next week and gutho injury is not too bad. We may need him later on in the year.

I like Jorge. He's a tank. However, I also like the idea that we have 3 fullbacks.

The problem with last years GF is that you could pepper our wingers with bombs and be able to pick someone off with a dodgy catch.

The good part in the last two weeks is that we have guys who are used to taking bombs as the last line of defence. Fullbacks do it week in week out and it showed how good our far edge defence has been recently.

The last two games show how good it is to nullify an opposition's attacking option by having these fullbacks on the wings.

In saying that, Jorge has the X Factor but the X factor could also mean a lottery when it comes to results.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4