Gutherson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon64

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Re-signing the Turbos, got me thinking.

Does anyone know if Gutherson is under contract ? And if so, until when ?

simon64 said:

There's a reference to Gutho in the Buhrer, Lawrence, TRed etc. signings Thread (and from Dave Warwick himself). He just kindly joined as @"recruitment manager" to clarify things.

Have a look for his Post in particular. I think Gutho is signed for 2015, just hasn't "iced" anything beyond that.

I'm tired mate, and para-phrasing, but it's something like that.

EDIT: Had a look for U.

Page 5 / Post 47. Enjoy.

Somehow we need to have him in our back line next year...............just where he fits I'm not sure

Disco said:
Somehow we need to have him in our back line next year...............just where he fits I'm not sure

Well if the DT is to be believed he could take his pick between fulback, centre, 5/8 or half. And if he gets bored with the backline he could always have a crack at 2nd row.

RiverEagle said:
simon64 said:

There's a reference to Gutho in the Buhrer, Lawrence, TRed etc. signings Thread (and from Dave Warwick himself). He just kindly joined as @"recruitment manager" to clarify things.

Have a look for his Post in particular. I think Gutho is signed for 2015, just hasn't "iced" anything beyond that.

I'm tired mate, and para-phrasing, but it's something like that.

EDIT: Had a look for U.

Page 5 / Post 47. Enjoy.

Thanks RE,

The guy is a legitimate first grader and will attract plenty of interest from other clubs (but who wants to play in Canberra ?).

We need to hang on to him.

I was very surprised to see that Dave Warwick had joined here , in fact I smell a rat!!

Why would a clubs recruitment officer join a fan forum ??

@Dan can you email and confirm please and if a gee up cancel this member.

If it's not a gee up then all good BUT sorry I just don't think this is kosher.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I was very surprised to see that Dave Warwick had joined here , in fact I smell a rat!!

I've been basically saying this...in this thread ad nauseam. In fact I deleted a post this morning because why bother. (something along the lines I am 2v).

However...it made some people feel good so I just pulled my head in. (now there's no where for hat to sit!!!)

globaleagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

I've been basically saying this...in this thread ad nauseam. In fact I deleted a post this morning because why bother. (something along the lines I am 2v).

However...it made some people feel good so I just pulled my head in. (now there's no where for hat to sit!!!)

Damn I had just created fake emails so I could set up an account called GM and say I was dave perry and Fat Board Member so I could say I was zorba. Lol :p

You know how much fun I was going to have putting a post up as gm only to have fat board member come on and tear it to shreds.

Then I was going to have a 3rd account. Drunken gossip columnist and fat board member was going to private message me and tell me what to post about GM ;)

Bomack44 said:
globaleagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Damn I had just created fake emails so I could set up an account called GM and say I was dave perry and Fat Board Member so I could say I was zorba. Lol :p

You know how much fun I was going to have putting a post up as gm only to have fat board member come on and tear it to shreds.

Then I was going to have a 3rd account. Drunken gossip columnist and fat board member was going to private message me and tell me what to post about GM ;)

Hilarious

Maybe I should set up a " Bourbon Becky " fake account and come on here and slag Snake for talking to the raiders / bulldogs / titans/ roosters / warriors / storm....oh maybe not the storm , wouldn't that be hilarious

Bomack44 said:

You could probably still do that!

bob dylan said:
Frank said:
Brookie said:
i'd prefer Hiku as Matai's replacement

Gutho seems to have better speed

I'll hold out for Hiku's replacement.

Dont hold your breath @Frank he signed until the end of 2018.

Yes I know BD. I think he was re-signed earlier this year. Obviously I have been disappointed with his form.

Anyone who sees him as a replacement for Matai is dreaming. He's just not in that class.

Bomack44 said:
globaleagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Its getting too funny, better than a soap opera, now where is the popcorn Lol :D :D

Gutho for the fullback role in my eyes, obviously once the Prince finishes up.

Give him time to make it his own..Plus we see how important fullbacks are in the game especially those that can ball play at the line, I think Gutho has the skill and can develop further.

Haz88 said:
Gutho for the fullback role in my eyes, obviously once the Prince finishes up.

Give him time to make it his own..Plus we see how important fullbacks are in the game especially those that can ball play at the line, I think Gutho has the skill and can develop further.

Have you seen Tom Turbojet play? He looks very special and while he won;t crack first grade next year I think he'll be our next long-term fullback with Gutherson filling some other backline role.

Frank said:
bob dylan said:
Frank said:
Brookie said:
i'd prefer Hiku as Matai's replacement

Gutho seems to have better speed

I'll hold out for Hiku's replacement.

Dont hold your breath @Frank he signed until the end of 2018.

Yes I know BD. I think he was re-signed earlier this year. Obviously I have been disappointed with his form.

Anyone who sees him as a replacement for Matai is dreaming. He's just not in that class.

In my opinion he's ahead of where Matai was at the same age. People forget Hiku is only 21 and still finding his feet after a season and a half of NRL. Will he turn out to be as good as Matai in 3/4 years time? I hope so but let's wait and see.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6