Gutsy effort

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
I really thought we were gone tonight but how we held them out while playing on one leg was one of the all time gutsy efforts from our proud club. Well done Tooves.

That win tonight just typified our coach. We could all imagine Geoff Toovey out there as a half back, face stomped on, barely able to stand, hobbling....yet somehow making tackles, making runs.

Some might be critical of Tooves technical ability, but none can be critical of the attitude he imposes on his team.

Killer03 said:
That win tonight just typified our coach. We could all imagine Geoff Toovey out there as a half back, face stomped on, barely able to stand, hobbling....yet somehow making tackles, making runs.

Some might be critical of Tooves technical ability, but none can be critical of the attitude he imposes on his team.

Too true, Killer. Great show of heart and manliness by the boys tonight, they have done their coach and club proud.

Fantastic effort to win that one. Don't really know how the pulled that off.. Had 50 heart attacks. Tooves must be a wreck. Rest up and heal well boys. The Manly flag still waves.

I'm such a proud old Manly supporter tonight. I'm beaming over their courage tonight. Of course the media won't give them much credit.

mickqld said:
I'm such a proud old Manly supporter tonight. I'm beaming over their courage tonight. Of course the media won't give them much credit.

Yep, it's all going to be about Souths this week. And no doubt a billion references to 'revenge' for us 'stealing' half their Internationals (that by the way, couldn't wait to get out of the joint once the rules changed).

Plays well into Manly's preference to keep a lid on things and let the spotlight shine elsewhere.

Broken and busted but they still hung on. What can you say about the team just played like I expect all Manly teams to play its installed in them no fuss no bother just get the job done.

The Rabbitohs will be the emotional and bookmaker's favourites next week, but the Sea Eagles are demonstrating a resilience that has been on display for three decades.

Through coaches Frank Stanton, Bob Fulton, Des Hasler and now Geoff Toovey, the Manly side has retained a distinct personality. They do whatever it takes to win. If you so happen to be playing on one leg is a minor detail.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/scores-to-settle-manly-souths-wont-be-lacking-for-motivation-20130920-2u5u9.html

Oh come on Mr Webster!!!!!!!!!! The 1991 Graham Lowe coached Manly team that were robbed vs Canberra in the 1991 semis belong in that group too!!!!!!!!!!!!! They very much kept that tradition sir!!!!!!!!

I am a very proud Sea Eagle after that effort. What a fantastic win. This is a proud team who don't give up. The boys pulled out a 1978 type effort to win last night. Well done to Geoff and the boys.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

The media will be all over Soufs this week and give little ( if any) chance to their opposition.

I remember two final series like this 1978 and also 1987. We were busted beyond belief on both occasions and we know the result .

It won't be easy but the pressure of expectations on Soufs will be huge, whereas we will go into the game way under the radar.

Bring it on

It was like watching a champion fighter hold on for those last few rounds....raw courage and experience got them home last night.
This team has so much heart !

I am very proud of the boys and unfortunately this is what it will be like from here on in. Tough, no nonsense and all for one, one for all efforts by the Manly boys resulting in close torrid affairs that will have our hearts in our mouths. I look forward to 2 more victories this season that will make 2013 one to remember for all Manly Supporters.

Go the mighty Sea Eagles.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6