Hall to ride top form into NRL finals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Hall to ride top form into NRL finals
By Todd Balym
AAP
http://nrl.com/News/Latest/tabid/10244/default.aspx?id=52741

Manly forward Glenn Hall can't remember the last time he scored this many tries.

He thinks it might have been in the under 6s, but that was over two decades ago.

The 27-year-old has scored five tries in as many weeks to coincide with his elevation to the starting lineup and is proving an unlikely gamebreaker as Manly hunts a minor premiership.

"I really could not put my finger on it," Hall said of his try-scoring feats.

"Having the guys around you doing their jobs and the calibre of players they are helps me to do mine.

"I can just play off the back of that.

"I won't be expecting (the tries) in the future that is for sure.

"My main goal at the moment is just to stay in the 17. I don't care if it's a starting spot or not, I just want to keep producing the football I know I can."

Hall will start in the backrow as the Sea Eagles chase the minor premiership against Penrith at CUA Stadium on Saturday night.

Manly are favourites to claim the JJ Giltinan Shield as ladder leaders heading into the final round, but just eight points ahead of Melbourne on for and against.

The Sea Eagles aren't focussing on the prospect of winning the regular season battle, their motivation is avenging last year's grand final defeat.

For Hall, his motivation is stronger than anyone else as he missed the entire finals series last year after dislocating his collarbone in round 24.

He hadn't missed a game all year until his unlucky injury in the first minute against the Warriors in Auckland and despite regaining fitness he couldn't force his way into Manly's team during the finals.

"It sucked sitting on the sideline," Hall said.

"The grand final was very tough but the semi-final when they played the Cowboys and three quarters of the crowd were maroon and white and the noise that they let off was awesome.

"It just chills your blood hearing that noise. That was disappointing to have to sit and watch it but at the same time a hell of an experience.

"It makes me want it more after having to sit on the sidelines."

I can scarcely believe how brilliantly Hall is playing at the moment. I'm more than happy to admit I sprayed his signing when it happened - I thought he was washed up, ordinary, all of that. But he's been very good for Manly, and absolutely outstanding in the past two months.

He's a special for first try-scorer most weeks and he's probably our most in-form forward. When blokes like Glenn Hall and Glenn Stewart are popping up as big threats on your opponents tip sheets...that's when you know you've got a cracking team. And believe me, both of their names have been printed in bold in recent weeks by the team's we've come up against.

Im just pleased for the bloke. IIRC, when he signed he cose a 1 year deal instead of two to test his belief in himself of performing & scoring better deal.

You just know he will play non stop uncompromising footy if he gets a run on in the finals. He deserves all the rewards coming his way.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4