• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Downie

Reserve Grader
I said earlier this week he'd have to pick up his game, especially with Rodney returning, but he continued on with his ordinary form tonight. Never looked threatening with the ball in hand, missed the tackle for their first try and was good for his usual penalty or two. With Kite having a great game tonight, the other props continuing on with their good form and our backrow in great touch, I can't see him being picked for this week, at least on form:

1. Robertson
2. Farrar
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. D. Williams
6. Foran
7. Orford
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Perry
11. Watmough
12. Stewart
13. Bailey

14. L'Estrange (only if Ballin needs a rest or we need quick points)
15. Rodney
16. Kite
17. Rose

18. Hall
19. T. Williams

And when/if Stewart returns, Lyon to 5/8th, Farrar to centre, Robbo to wing and Foran back to Under 20s (or he can have L'Estrange's bench spot even).

I was just going to start a thread on this issue, so you get an applaud.

Hall has to go.  He is very poor at the moment and it smacks of complacency.  He is good for 1-3 very unneccessary penalties each game and it is killing us.  Now that he's forgotten to tackle he is a real liability.

Keep Foran in the side with the guys coming back next week.  Get rid of Hall.

Hall has been quiet lately. Shame because he's a good player, but Rodney has been great.

I think Le Strange might have trouble getting back in the team, Ballin seemed to handle 80 minutes well tonight. Good looking team though Downie.

1. Robertson
2. Farrar
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. D. Williams
6. Foran
7. Orford
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Perry
11. Watmough
12. Stewart
13. Bailey

14. JWH or T Williams
15. Rodney
16. Kite
17. Rose

Cletus link said:
Hall has been quiet lately. Shame because he's a good player, but Rodney has been great.

I think Le Strange might have trouble getting back in the team, Ballin seemed to handle 80 minutes well tonight. Good looking team though Downie.

Agreed about L'Estrange, but he still has plenty to offer if we're in desperate need of points. Or if we're winning comfortably he could just do what Rodney did tonight and come on for the last ten to give Ballin a rest, he won't let anyone down.

Although, Tony Williams might get his bench spot for his versatility and impact (he needs a quick play the ball previously to get teams on the back foot though, he can't do much without a decent run up).

missing_something link said:
I think Farrar's nick name should be \"Selleys\" as he can fill in just about anywhere.

True, he wouldn't be bad on the bench instead of Le Strange. I really like him as a player and he seems to have a bit of talent. Better than poor old Bani. I'd have him over T Williams on the wing any day.

I disagree with this thread - I think Hall has been consistently good in every single game he has played for us.

Tony Williams didn't touch the ball until the 25th minute (no surprises there), and frankly, that was probably a good thing. Shlub.

Matabele link said:
Keep Foran in the side with the guys coming back next week.  Get rid of Hall.

AS much as some people would love for these young guys to stay, i think that Des will play true to form and put them back in the 20's when all our regulars come back into play.

Ryan link said:
I disagree with this thread - I think Hall has been consistently good in every single game he has played for us.

Tony Williams didn't touch the ball until the 25th minute (no surprises there), and frankly, that was probably a good thing. Shlub.

That isn't correct on Tony, although Rabs kept on mentioning it. He definitely took a hitup in our 1st or 2nd set

Ryan link said:
  He has been rubbish for months.  Obviously one of those resting on the laurels of winning a premiership.  There's no hunger in his game anymore and he's far too limited a player to be competitive when at 90%.

My god the guy has a minor form slump and you question his commitment?. Cmon!.

We have a slew of riches now with a lot of players who are good enough to start. T Williams is the first to go, and he's gone when B Stewart is back anyway so lets get him out and work on combos relavent to the finals.

As good as Foran and Farrar have been, unfortunately they will likely be next to go based on a lack of experience in the big games. Newcastle wasn't a big game.

I would keep Foran to the last due to his versatility and confidence level.

Nice problem, and Dessie will address it perfectly!.

Des seems to like having as many big guys in the squad as possible so I can't see him dumping Hall............yet.

he also goes with experience and rodney has it over hall.

so its really betweem Foran/bailey and Hall first and then Lyon/bailey and hall when stewy comes back against melbourne

I wouldn't think that Stewie will come back against Melbourne.  Anyway whoever he picks they'd better be on their defensive game next Monday with Marshall and Farrah making darts and setting up supports.  We have to close them down and stop any second phase play.  No lazy markers. 

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4