Halves crap - Wonder why?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Parramatta have thrashed sides in round 1 for the last 3 seasons. Give them a few weeks before you start predicting a big year for them.

Exactly.

Despite now being in his 8th season in first grade, Sandow is yet to prove that he can play like that for a full season. And Norman isn't that good, if he was then he'd still be in Brisbane. And considering they played behind a forward pack who dominated I'm not surprised they outplayed Foz and DCE regardless of what is going on with those two off the field.

The Eels pack would have been primed for last night, Choc and Lussick especially. But don't expect them to be able to play like that week in, week out. And just remember that T-Red spent almost 67 minutes playing in the centres due to Gutho's injury and it was really from that point that their pack started to get on top. Plus we will get JamieB and Star back in the next few weeks so its not all doom and gloom for our forward pack. Unless of course Tooves continues to pick Hasson. That guy is NSW Cup at best.

I know he scored a fairly simple try early last night, but I don't think Hoppa MkII. gives the Eels any where near as much from FB as Hayne did.

Semi is Semi. He reminds me a lot of Pommy powerhouse winger Ryan Hall. Big, fast, strong and is an asset to any side. But his defence still needs work. And as for Reece Robinson, who knew he could kick goals like that? And as proven last night he tends to come in on defence and leaves a big hole out wide. If we had executed properly Blair would have scored more than one try down that side (which might have made a big difference in the end).

Realistically we just played like crap in the second half last night and I felt we more lost the game than Parra-doesn't-matta won

They were very fired up and played with enormous intensity.

The script was written long before kick off though.

Parramatta would be hungry; check.
Watmough will have their pack fired up; check
DCE mind will not be on the job; check
Hiku's wing will be exposed by Semi; check
Foran finishes wishing he was playing for the opposition; check
Mateo flops; check
Mason flops; check
Sandow scores a try and carries on like a knob; check

It really couldn't have gone any worse than even the most pessimistic Manly supporter could have imagined. It was a horror night.

I will cheer the boys on again next week!!!
Hahaha funny as Snake yet true calls from A - Z - a little hungover & got a bit out of this hahahaha

Could it be said all halves would look good with a dominant forward pack which seems to be the go over the past couple of seasons. Would Sandow or Norman or even Reynalds and Keary have look good behind the manly forward pack on Friday? I doubt it!!!

Let's not forget we had three new forwards join the team and in reality three leave who were accustom to Manly's way of play. It may take time to gel but more than likely the monies saved from the DCE deal and potentially Foz will be used to buy some big up and coming boppers.

I will never say Parra are better than us. I don't say they will finish higher than us. I will say, Sandow has had a huge amount of off field crap going on over the last couple of years, and he seems to have finally worked through it. He had a very good year last year, and I think he'll build on it this year with their big, aggressive forwards giving him time and space to work in. I don't think it's fair to brush the fact that they moved from 16th to 10th last season. That's a significant improvement, considering how close the comp was last year.

I have read on here that we were both crap the other night. Both teams were very poor. Well, IMO, there isn't usually a 30 point difference between two teams, both playing crap footy. There was also a 30 point difference between Souths and the Broncs. Pretty sure only one of them were crap...

Besides, it was round 1. Always a few hammy's, loads of dropped balls etc in round one. If we're still playing like that in round 8, then we're in trouble, so just like saying Parra can't be judged on their performance after round 1, neither should we be. They were simply better on the night.

Anyway, that's my take on it and if it pans out like that or not, I don't really care. It doesn't affect me in the slightest. Unless they finish higher than us, or knock us out of the finals....good luck to them!

They were very fired up and played with enormous intensity.

The script was written long before kick off though.

Parramatta would be hungry; check.
Watmough will have their pack fired up; check
DCE mind will not be on the job; check
Hiku's wing will be exposed by Semi; check
Foran finishes wishing he was playing for the opposition; check
Mateo flops; check
Mason flops; check
Sandow scores a try and carries on like a knob; check

It really couldn't have gone any worse than even the most pessimistic Manly supporter could have imagined. It was a horror night.

I will cheer the boys on again next week!!!

You forgot: DCE will announce he's going the the Titans in the post match dressing room. (and even the Titans didn't know, apparently).

Yes, Parramatta won the collision in the forwards, but their line speed in defence was just as damaging to our cause.

You forgot: DCE will announce he's going the the Titans in the post match dressing room. (and even the Titans didn't know, apparently).
I'm sure the Titans would have know. His manager would have informed them of this. It quickly came out in the media, shortly after the match how, an interview with Annesly.

Is it just me, or was the Manly / Parra game more brutal and fast paced than all the other games so far this round? Maybe I'm biased, but Parra played like this was their GF. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a very flat game next week.

Agreed. Very physical but it had the sideshow of watmough vs old team as the hyped build up. They were always going to come out firing.

We'll let the parra fans enjoy their moment. Successful teams like manly know the comp isn't won in round 1. I think parra fans have forgotten thay.
And judging by how many parra jerseys I've seen this weekend that still have mothballs stuck to them, they are all well ahead of themselves after 1 round.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2