Halves v Cowboys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Assuming DCE holds his spot in the Qld side for game 3, who is next cab off the rank to partner Foran in the halves ?

Chisholm looked pretty sharp a couple of weeks back against the Vulcans playing fullback but I'm pretty sure halfback is his usual position ?

Or there is the stop gap option that Des used to like of playing Glenn Stewart or Jamie Lyon there and Tom Symonds could fill either of those slots left vacant

Damn we miss Beaver. Chisholm for me but I haven't seen much reggies for the last few weeks... oh and I want to be the first to suggest Kite :)

The Eagle Has Landed said:
I'd put Foran at halback and play Lyon at 5/8,Symonds could play in Jamies centre spot.

While I did like the look of Chisholm when I seen him a few weeks ago, for a one off game I'd go Lyon at 5/8 as well. Getting him closer to the action for a game may kick start his season.

Pittwater Legend said:
1. Snake
2. Hiku
3. Matai
4. Taufua
5. Wolf
6. Lyon
7. Foran

You've changed 2 positions to cover 1. Too much disruption. Bring up a reserve grade half. There is literally no point in having a reserve grade team if they are not used when needed.

Gift at 5/8 LOL. Doesn't strike me as the sort of player to organise and kick.

Chisholm deserves a chance. The poor guy was never given a chance in the NRL when he played at Melbourne and the Tigers. He is a really good and versatile player. I bet the Tigers wish they hadn't let him go - he'd be a regular in their first grade this season.

I did have that in mind but I'm curious to know how Taufua's power would go at centre and if a game at 5/8 would help Lyon's form in attack.

Getting Glenn to straighten up or out of the way will help Jamies attack. Brett swinging around the back will help too.

Utility Player said:
Why not play Gift at 5/8 he spends most of the time there anyway.

Only when Kitey lets him. Foran to half and kite to 5/8 as he plays there most time anyway and has a good kicking game although his passing needs improvement.

Pittwater Legend said:
1. Snake
2. Hiku
3. Matai
4. Taufua
5. Wolf
6. Lyon
7. Foran

No need to move Taufua out of his position, keep letting him develop on the wing and leave the left hand side combination as it is without disrupting it

I think it will be more who is playing centre with Lyon shifted to 5/8.
Comfortable with Taufua or Symonds filling in for Lyon.

Esi Tonga was brought up earlier in the year. What's to say he won't be brought up again if Lyon goes to 6?

Supernintendo Chalmers said:
would this be the first game since debuting that DCE will miss (if he holds the spot?) i can't recall him missing a game, he's currently on 67 appearances.

correct, if we made the GF in '12 he would have played every NRL game and every final in two years.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4