Hannant linked to Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ceagle

Bencher
http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2014/9/brisbane-broncos-ben-hannant-linked-to-north-queensland-cowboys-manly-sea-eagles-and-gold-coast-titans/

Couldn't see a thread for it on here.

What do you guys think?

This story is as far fetched as most of the ones out of our camp. Journo lies to sell papers. And if its triple M its probably James Hooper the goose.

Everyone I know who has anything to do with him tells me he is a goose.More to the point has anyone WATCHED him play lately!

We need a player who has a dose of the holy ghost now Kitey and Joe G are not there. Seriously, their good values and morals could have been used this year. It helps balance the team. Look at the effect Allah Akbar Sonny has had on the Roosters. Perhaps the Polar Bear could be that heavenly presence in our pack?

Just don't think he's worth the coin. And again the rumours I've heard (and they are rumours I have zero inside knowledge) is that he's quite a disruptive player.

Not a chance.

Even if he were to join a non-QLD club, in a few months in he'd start wiping his eyes and carrying on like a child while crying out "But I want to go back to QLD!".

Hannant in a nutshell.

I'm not sure he is the type of prop we need. For me he's not mobile enough. I wouldn't say no but a Mason or a Maguire would be better. Mason would be ideal for the young guys and Maguire would be great for the future.

Apparently Bennett told him if he worked on his speed and skills he would consider him for a fullback spot!

Respectfully disagree re mason being good for the younger guys. People do change but the remnants of his past are still thereabouts and wouldnt take much to bubble to the surface....big no to the Willy. McGuire however, hell yes

Disagree all you like. But you don't know much. Ask anyone who has played with Willie in recent years and they will tell you the young guys respect him as a forward leader and it gives them confidence to play alongside him.

He's 34 now. You do the maths. He was 20 when he first played for the Bulldogs and was in all the trouble. How long ago was that?

No more than your fine self Stevo. 34, hmm yeah thats a perfect age to recruit a prop forward. Id rather recruit a player who is 5-6 years younger and who does not have ADD

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2