Harden up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Right, my comments are mine. I agree with them. ,you dont have too. In many cases id prefer you didnt. Im not interested in people in the know, have a source or have it straight from the horses mouth. In nearly all instances you dont know because you have been spoon fed a side of the story and im pretty sure at the end of the season there will be a collective doh , from some of those . So essentially i am forming my opinion from news articles, forums and performance and attitude on the park. Mostly attitude on the park. Individually there is not one player in the team that is a spent force, collectively they are a spent force

I fully understand why the players are pissed and. Support the stance 100 %. I respect there rights to feel agrieved, to leave the club, to instruct the managers and to even have seperate little outings. They have been treated poorly.That is how every workplacein australia acts. But im pretty fed up at the players acting like little bitches. There lack of professionalism through all of this is out of control. Let me say i fully understand if every employee at qants hates the CEO and the workplace environement. Little allan joyce is a dick of epic proportions but if i step on a qantas plane i dont want to hear the hosties bitching about it and i dont want my pilot to say im gonna half arse the landing because i have a job at virgin next year.

Sport is funny business . The loyalty to custom is like no other. Even though the game has changed players stillwant to be one club players and ideally for the club they have been involved in all there lives,so the players get the concept. Just at the moment the manly team is just so selfish . Now not all players are like this. I watch, jamies, and bj, ferris, jessie, matty, king dog, and see guys busting here gut . They are essentially showing there team mates , the bitchy ones. That they will try to carry the loads for both of them. How enormous are these people. Therse people are people want to know for the rest of your life.

Do these other players really know what the stand to lose. We are not talking milestones here. Sure the money is good , pastures are greener no one begrudges them that. The fans are fickle they dont have to be remembered as top shelf but to destroy respect amongst your fellow workers, your mates, your team. Surely this is the elephant in the room and i applaud the strength and fabric of the people holdin i together , sllently, carrying the load, because if theses guys really spoke up, im sure it would have all beeen over by now, the team would be seriously split

I for one will not remember the sooks but i will remember the silent men who go about here duty. I respect them even if there mates dont

Everybody sets there own standards in life

It's time for the biatches to unite with the silent workers so we can overturn the Dawgs on Saturday night :idea:

The dirty dawgs are the common enemy not the man next to you in maroon & white :mad:

Only my opinion James, not looking for an argument Brother :p

I think they're are playing plenty hard. I'd much prefer they smarten up. Control the ball. Get the defence working together. No back chat to the ref. The rest will fall into place.

Fair enough moz. I thought they started strong last week and looked good u until that stupid penalty agains reynolds. Man that was soft . From then on we just coldn stem the tide. I just didnt see any ownership in he loss or any passion in the belting.. This squad would normally be goin off its bran at 30 nil. They just had no talk or desire to draw a line in the sand. It would have been 60 nil if souths hadnt clocked off.

Souths did no one any favours by clocking off. If they had of put 60 or 70 pn us this week may be a bit different

Hi Mozgrame

Respect your opinion, but if Manly are playing plenty hard, why are they letting in tries off simple grubber kicks and runarounds?. This NEVER happened earlier in the year.
Are Souths THAT good, or is something else?

NYEagle

To tell the truth, I haven't watched the game again. I think we got a little shocked. As you say, we started well and then the points started racking up. Individually, Lyon, Matai, DCE and Foran looked frustrated. Starling tried his guts out.

The points we put on at the end was impressive and I'm not sure it was due to South's clocking off. I would say that was where we drew the line. The game was well and truly gone and it was about saving some form of dignity. Burgess screaming at his team mates from the sideline showed he at least was still carrying a will and passion to continue the onslaught. They may have given a couple of their stars an early mark, but that should not have crumbled their defence as much as it did.

If we can switch on from kick off this week, we may surprise a lot of people, even ourselves.

NYEagle said:
Hi Mozgrame

Respect your opinion, but if Manly are playing plenty hard, why are they letting in tries off simple grubber kicks and runarounds?. This NEVER happened earlier in the year.

NYEagle

I think they are playing plenty hard, but not as a group. That's where playing smarter comes in. I just can't accept that Lyon, Foran, Matai, Stewart, DCE or any other of the team you care to mention would take the field with only a passing interest in the result. For some reason, and there are plenty of them if we believe all we read ;), we have gone away from what works.

It's almost like our stars are trying to prove that there is nothing wrong, by doing it all on their own. I don't believe there is player disharmony, going solely by @bones report of the award night. I think a small seed has germinated in the minds of the players, planted by the media, and they now are trying too hard, individually, to win games.

We don't have an individual, go to man at our club. We have an abundance of brilliance. Almost any of our players, at any time can turn a game. That's our (poorly kept, I know) secret. We just need to get back to playing as a team. Having faith that if you do your job, the blokes either side of you will do theirs. (Unless you're a winger. Then you know the bloke outside you, the touchie, will most likely fail with his job :p)

Ahhh I'm no bloody sports psychologist, and I accept I may be wrong completely. But that's how I see it.

mozgrame said:
NYEagle said:
Hi Mozgrame

NYEagle

I think they are playing plenty hard, but not as a group. That's where playing smarter comes in. I just can't accept that Lyon, Foran, Matai, Stewart, DCE or any other of the team you care to mention would take the field with only a passing interest in the result. For some reason, and there are plenty of them if we believe all we read ;), we have gone away from what works.

It's almost like our stars are trying to prove that there is nothing wrong, by doing it all on their own. I don't believe there is player disharmony, going solely by @bones report of the award night. I think a small seed has germinated in the minds of the players, planted by the media, and they now are trying too hard, individually, to win games.

We don't have an individual, go to man at our club. We have an abundance of brilliance. Almost any of our players, at any time can turn a game. That's our (poorly kept, I know) secret. We just need to get back to playing as a team. Having faith that if you do your job, the blokes either side of you will do theirs. (Unless you're a winger. Then you know the bloke outside you, the touchie, will most likely fail with his job :p)

Ahhh I'm no bloody sports psychologist, and I accept I may be wrong completely. But that's how I see it.

That's a pretty decent angle you've taken; it could well be the case. The players came out hungry against Souths, but it looked disorganised.

Snake said:
mozgrame said:
NYEagle said:
Hi Mozgrame

NYEagle

That's a pretty decent angle you've taken; it could well be the case. The players came out hungry against Souths, but it looked disorganised.

It's the only thing that makes sense to me.

I think DCE needs to step up a bit and organise the team. Foran has been good on the left, but the two halves don't appear to be guiding us around the park as a unit so to speak.

mozgrame said:
Snake said:
mozgrame said:
NYEagle said:
Hi Mozgrame

NYEagle

Good theory. I hope you are right Mozgrame!!

NYEagle said:
mozgrame said:
Snake said:
mozgrame said:
NYEagle said:
Hi Mozgrame

NYEagle

Good theory. I hope you are right Mozgrame!!

Yep. She'll be Jake. ;)

I'm a fan of Hiku - great talent, certainly can finish off a backline move well...but his defense was terrible on Friday night. Speaking of hardening up, I saw him flap his arm at an attacker instead of tackling, and trying for a lame intercept another time instead of tackling either the centre who had drawn him in, or the winger he'd left unmarked. Between him and Jorge "I'm not a white man but I still can't jump" Taufua, I think our wingers let in five preventable tries.

Here's a fact. Every team in the competition has had a form slump at some stage of the season. Unfortunately for us it has hit us at the wrong time of year. It times in with a couple of key injuries and we just don't have the depth to cover the losses.

The dogs have just been in a slump, 2 from 8 and about 20 minutes of good footy yesterday, keeping in mind the Storm coughed up a heap of ball. Somehow all of a sudden they will put 40 on us.

We (the fans) need to rally around the team and show some positive energy and support them this weekend. If we want to dig the knife in, lets waite till the season is done. I'm sure all the facts will be unvailed and then we have the right to lay the boot in. Right now we don't have the right becasue everyone is basing opinions on speculation

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4