Harold matts to origin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stevie

Reserve Grader
So Manly let Hodkinson go to blood Cherry Evans , not how I remember it , where do these morons get there information from ...

Harold Matts to Origin: Blues brothers reunited
http://bit.ly/1h4tRmY

Just quietly, I reckon the plan was always to keep DCE. Manly just wanted to force the Dogs to pay the big bucks for second best. Hodko was good, but there was somebody with far greater potential waiting in the wings.

We took the same approach in relation to the coach a year later.

HappilyManly said:
He went for the monies, Manly were not impressed :cool: In fact it gave ideas to the Son of Sam :p
exactly,he went for the money,I remember talking to Bob Fulton on the continuous call team when it was just about to happen,he said Manly cant match the offer that the Bulldogs have put to him, I wasnt happy at the time,but over the moon now,as we got the better of the two

MadMarcus said:
Just quietly, I reckon the plan was always to keep DCE. Manly just wanted to force the Dogs to pay the big bucks for second best. Hodko was good, but there was somebody with far greater potential waiting in the wings.

We took the same approach in relation to the coach a year later.

I suspect if he stayed he would be at hooker by now.

I don't have issue with the way it is reported in that article. We probably did let him go due to the size of the offer from the dogs and, more importantly, DCE waiting in the wings.

It's not healthy to look for Manly injustices by journalists. There are better things to do with your time. Just saying.

Hodko only ever had the gig for one year until DCE bulked up.
Anyone who'd watched DCE and Foz together in the lower grades would agree. I was pretty peeved when Hodko got the nod but I understood why. Nothing agianst Hodko though, he was very good but trying to compete with a future great.

I think the best thing about Hodkinson is his consistency; specifically his very low error rate.

Of course his kicking has developed really well too; he can win you games regularly goalkicking or field-goal wise.

At the end of the day for me - if letting him go and keeping Cherry was another of our calculated risks - I'm more than happen yet again with our choice.

The only thing I wish is, that Sid was a New South Welshman, and Hodko was a QLDer!

Can't have it all, I guess!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4