Harrisons hands

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
The bloke had an excellent pass on him and good vision.

Should be Gifts replacement and told to use that skill.

Last night he put whare outside his man, think it was him that got Lyon oh so close and if you remember back to the bongos game he made the call to run and straighten the attack before getting it away stopping the defence from getting over to Lyon/wolf.

Now if he can just take a few hitups you have a replacement long term for gifty in the making

He had big wraps on him from a few refs and dogs fans a few years ago. Good to see him progressing and getting a first grade spot.

Yeh, I don't mind Harrison, does some clever things at times. Defence could do with a bit of work at times though.

I played juniors and went to school with him. The best defender i have ever seen. Very rarely misses his man and has a great offload.

He saved Ben Barba from looking like a goose in Toyoya Cup for the Bulldogs due to his defence.

Another year in first grade and he will be a handful. For mine he is a potential rep star in a few years.

I think he is coming along nicely and can see him maybe moving ito a front row/second row type role when Joe retires. I would be more upset if Parra pinched him than lussick to be honest, (and I consider Lussick in that same role rather than a genuine front rower..for now) Harrison does a lot more work.

I am really waiting to see Cunningham given a go, I think Stromvquvst can wait until next year because he seems more like the perpetual motion Tolman type player.

But yeah...remember the players we have coming through not just those leaving for the big bucks.

Harrison is a gun, I was a little hesitant when i first seen him play but he is really improving every game he has, he def has a bright future i hope he will commit to us long term.

Played a great game against the Raiders when playing on the fringes. Not quite up to Gifts standard but will be a more than adequate replacement. Hopefully Trex comes back this week along with Matai cauz we desperately need the 2pts before the bye.

Ronald Jock said:
I played juniors and went to school with him. The best defender i have ever seen. Very rarely misses his man and has a great offload.

He saved Ben Barba from looking like a goose in Toyoya Cup for the Bulldogs due to his defence.

Another year in first grade and he will be a handful. For mine he is a potential rep star in a few years.

This got me thinking because I had it in my head that he had put in some bad performances in the defensive department, so I checked the stats.

Harrison: 233 tackles with 22 misses. Miss %age = 8.6% and equates to 1.7 misses per game. He had 5 misses in one game (Roosters), but he played the whole 80 minutes virtually that day. He had another couple of games were he missed 4 (panthers) and 3 (last night), but apart from that he has been pretty solid. Maybe he just had a couple of misses that stuck in my head.

Watmough by comparison. 452 tackles with 55 misses. Miss %age = 10.8% = 3.9 misses/game. Choc obviously plays the whole 80 minutes each week and has been carrying an injury as well. (Which is why I don't understand him putting himself in one on one positions like he did last night by rushing out of the line on Smith. He's clearly playing on one arm, why not hang in the line and afford yourself of some help ?)

Ballin: 614 tackles 37 misses. Miss %age = 5.7% = 2.6 misses/game

Kite: 346 tackles 25 misses. Miss %age = 6.7% = 1.8 misses/game

Interestingly enough DCE is our 4th highest tackle maker this season so far, which shows you how much traffic they run at the poor guy.

DCE: 304 tackles 34 misses. Miss %age = 10.1% = 2.4 misses / game

NRL overall averages are 145 tackles with 14 misses in 7.9 games. Which equals a Miss %age of 8.8% and 1.8 misses / game.

He has obviously improved if listening to number 1 daughters calling of his name is anything to go by..he was at the start of the year...
"bloody ranga"..last night he is now being elevated to go "my favourite ranga". Definitely a keeper.:D

wombatgc said:
He has obviously improved if listening to number 1 daughters calling of his name is anything to go by..he was at the start of the year...
"bloody ranga"..last night he is now being elevated to go "my favourite ranga". Definitely a keeper.:D

Haha that's got to be a rock solid barometer of his improvement.

Harro has always been decent and showed impressive signs coming up through NSW & Toyota Cup with the Bulldogs.

He's very much like David Stagg... will tackle all day, but not overly attacking as a player.

Very safe handling too and has a nice offload. Will take Lussicks spot nicely in your side.

Dogs got him out of the Manly system when we had little room for promoting him into our senior grades. Bulldogs wasted him IMO, but he was part of yet another clean-out from the Dogs in their pursuit of a premiership.

Dogs supporters are kidding themselves. He used to wear Sea Eagles jackets to school and Manly footy shorts for Sports Coaching.

There was Daniel and Jay Heming.

Most know he came through our juniors then got poached by the dogs in toyota cup then they let him go after a bad (knee?) injury.

Im happy to see him develop into a glenn stewart type player, just remeber it took glen 3 seasons to find his feet so dont expect him to be anywhere near as good for a while

I don't see him as a Dogs junior, as he started with us from Toyota Cup.

But he was discarded from Manly because they didn't have a position for him, came to Dogs and worked hard on his game, got into NSW Cup and cemented himself there, but just couldn't get a position in first grade over our (then) ageing side and coach Moore so he left and re-signed with Manly.

I might be wrong but I don't believe he was ever injured for us, but I know Dogs fans were spewing that he was let go.

Either way it's really good to see him playing good footy (regardless of the club) and being able to cement himself in a side. I think he's got a good future ahead of him in NRL.

He wasn't discarded, troll. It was his decision to leave, despite the club wanting him to stay on.

He just didn't see much opportunity in front of him once his NYC years were done, because at the time we didn't run a NSW Cup team.

A classic case of 'grass is greener' but he soon returned once he saw no future at the Dogs, after having no game time at NRL level there.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6