Has Attack improved in 2012??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Not judging simply by stats or points for ect but do you think the attack has improved in 2012??
Just a few things I have noticed include more runners for the halves, more 2nd phase play & more playing whats in "front of you" than before.
Also the enthasis of winning the war at the play the ball.
Sure we all know too well about the wrestles & understand the importance of holding down the player when tackling to stop momentum when defending.
On the reverse side in a couple of games , notably when we have put on big half time scores, the urgency of the attacking player getting to his feet to win the play the ball has been at a new level.
The structures may not be as well organised in 2012 at times, but with the ability of the Seaeagles players, that licence to play a bit more ab lib can create much needed opportunities against well organised defence.
Always takes time to gel to new attacking formulas but I like where we are going, its entertaining, unpredictable & will only get better with time.

Not judging simply by stats or points for ect but do you think the attack has improved in 2012??
Just a few things I have noticed include more runners for the halves, more 2nd phase play & more playing whats in "front of you" than before.
Also the enthasis of winning the war at the play the ball.
Sure we all know too well about the wrestles & understand the importance of holding down the player when tackling to stop momentum when defending.
On the reverse side in a couple of games , notably when we have put on big half time scores, the urgency of the attacking player getting to his feet to win the play the ball has been at a new level.
The structures may not be as well organised in 2012 at times, but with the ability of the Seaeagles players, that licence to play a bit more ab lib can create much needed opportunities against well organised defence.
Always takes time to gel to new attacking formulas but I like where we are going, its entertaining, unpredictable & will only get better with time.

I don't know about the stats, but love the emergence of the Chez and Foz magic show:)

The unpredictability reminds me of Cliffy on the field.:angel:
We never knew what he would produce out of thin air - but the anticipation certainly addedd to the enjoyment of the game.:)

Chez's field goal on half time and last weeks short kick off manouvers are a taste of things to come.:cool:

B2B Manly!

I don't know about the stats, but love the emergence of the Chez and Foz magic show:)

The unpredictability reminds me of Cliffy on the field.:angel:
We never knew what he would produce out of thin air - but the anticipation certainly addedd to the enjoyment of the game.:)

Chez's field goal on half time and last weeks short kick off manouvers are a taste of things to come.:cool:

B2B Manly!

When we have had Brett, Glenn and kieran on the field it is as good maybe better than last year. The relatively poor for and against is due to the disrupted year with injuries and suspension.

When we have had Brett, Glenn and kieran on the field it is as good maybe better than last year. The relatively poor for and against is due to the disrupted year with injuries and suspension.

MK Eagle said:
that licence to play a bit more ab lib can create much needed opportunities against well organised defence.

On the flip side, it has lead to us handing the ball over far more often to the opposition this year. At times we look frenetic in attack instead of composed. The net result has probably been about even compared to last year. If they work on their decision making a bit, I like where Toovey is taking us. eg: in the Parra match where we continued to offload willy nilly in the second half even though we were struggling to stem the bleeding.

MK Eagle said:
that licence to play a bit more ab lib can create much needed opportunities against well organised defence.

On the flip side, it has lead to us handing the ball over far more often to the opposition this year. At times we look frenetic in attack instead of composed. The net result has probably been about even compared to last year. If they work on their decision making a bit, I like where Toovey is taking us. eg: in the Parra match where we continued to offload willy nilly in the second half even though we were struggling to stem the bleeding.

Bradza said:
MK Eagle said:

Agree Bradza on that 2nd half Parra.
Seemed a combination of complacency & clocking off early, totally going away from where the success started in the 1st half - going foward up the middle before playing pretty & sideways.
This is why teams like Warriors & Tigers fail, lacking a platform to earn the right of playing expansive footy by playing sideways without doing the tough stuff first.
Tooves knows the importance of dominating the middle & though gives room for the players to exploit their skills, no doubt would instruct the players to play direct. Foz is an example - has been way more direct which takes time away from the defender & creates more space for his outside runners who seem to be enjoying it.
Personally have just enjoyed the freedom of our attack more in 2012 & keep in mind, rarely at full strength.....

Bradza said:
MK Eagle said:

Agree Bradza on that 2nd half Parra.
Seemed a combination of complacency & clocking off early, totally going away from where the success started in the 1st half - going foward up the middle before playing pretty & sideways.
This is why teams like Warriors & Tigers fail, lacking a platform to earn the right of playing expansive footy by playing sideways without doing the tough stuff first.
Tooves knows the importance of dominating the middle & though gives room for the players to exploit their skills, no doubt would instruct the players to play direct. Foz is an example - has been way more direct which takes time away from the defender & creates more space for his outside runners who seem to be enjoying it.
Personally have just enjoyed the freedom of our attack more in 2012 & keep in mind, rarely at full strength.....

Let's not get carried away. Earlier this year our attack was disastrous at times and there were plenty here wondering about the ability of DCE and Foran.

Our attack has improved in the last half of the season no doubt, but that has been a function of having our best side on the park most weeks and an improved all round team performance. The only hiccup since Origin was Newcastle first time round, but the team was wrecked by the flu that day.

Let's not get carried away. Earlier this year our attack was disastrous at times and there were plenty here wondering about the ability of DCE and Foran.

Our attack has improved in the last half of the season no doubt, but that has been a function of having our best side on the park most weeks and an improved all round team performance. The only hiccup since Origin was Newcastle first time round, but the team was wrecked by the flu that day.

Des won the coaching tactics battle at Brookie and it's up to Tooves to show he has something up his sleeve next time they meet. Des knows our plays and we need to counter that by either executing perfectly or coming up with some tricks.

Des won the coaching tactics battle at Brookie and it's up to Tooves to show he has something up his sleeve next time they meet. Des knows our plays and we need to counter that by either executing perfectly or coming up with some tricks.

Id like to see the tries from kicks/passing ratio. Over the past few rounds i can only remember a couple tries from kicks.

Id like to see the tries from kicks/passing ratio. Over the past few rounds i can only remember a couple tries from kicks.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6