Has Foran actually re-signed with us?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

Hodkinson had initially agreed to stay with us then held out until a bigger offer came from the dogs.

Is Foran doing the same or has he actually singed a contract?

Now that hodkinson is definately going Lowe detractors 1 - Lowe - 0

I find it very hard to hang a players departure solely on the CEO.

If Foran hasn't been stitched up then the club has some serious issues with regards to its priorities.

tookey link said:
Hodkinson had initially agreed to stay with us then held out until a bigger offer came from the dogs.

Is Foran doing the same or has he actually singed a contract?

Now that hodkinson is definately going Lowe detractors 1 - Lowe - 0
he needs to be dropped straight away .. we aint going to give him nrl experience so he can bring it to the dogs..  send him to qld cup we need to get our team prepared for next years assault...  bring DCE  now.. he needs to get experienced..

fukn wanka...  i hate these blow ins play a couple of good games & the media is straight on them ..  giving the unexperienced player all attention ..  which in turn makes him look like he is worth more than he is..  aww well the idiots will learn  ..there goes his career.. if he thinks he will make it  with them he is dreaming  .. he could have atleast played for us for 3 years then gone & chased the dough.. he will be washed up by the time he is 25..

For $270,000 a year, come on mate what has he done to deserve that much money?
I remember a certain captain of our team asking for $240,000 a few years ago. Des was crucified by fans for not wanting to offer him that much. We ended up losing most of our games that year after re-signing him.

Where is the money for Perry leaving going?

Is this the cash being used to tie up Foran and the reason it hasn't made it official just yet. Or is the money being used in a different direction, perhaps one that we haven't thought of that could cover the departure of Hodkinson.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
it is probably all the Manager fault in his ear I reckon

i dont knw why these newbies even have managers ..he hasnt even played a full year his mum& dad should be advising him not some fat azz cigar smoking weasle, whos only after the players money & doesnt give a stuff about the longevity of his players careers

This ranting traitor stuff is ridiculous.When we signed kite,orford and co it was all great but the dogs grab a bloke of ours and its suddenly a problem.

**** happens.Get on with it.Manly is a great club,we have a good team and we move on.Sole priority should be to pick our best side to win the game against bunnies.

susan ridgepipe link said:
This ranting traitor stuff is ridiculous.When we signed kite,orford and co it was all great but the dogs grab a bloke of ours and its suddenly a problem.

S**t happens.Get on with it.Manly is a great club,we have a good team and we move on.Sole priority should be to pick our best side to win the game against bunnies.

sue sue sue i wouldnt be calling him that but i remember a month a go he swore he was staying with us he liked the ppl & teammates around him & said he wasnt going anywhere as manly had given him a chance & he wanted to repay them & stay..

SO THATS WHY TRAITOR..  IF HE WAS GOING TO LEAVE HE SHOULD HAVE JUST SAID IT STRAIGHT OUT.. 
then thinking back top fridays game last tackle he gets the ball about 15 out from titans line & just drills it over dead ball line.. we dont need that .. we just want DCE  in now..

The fact that he took so long to make a decision regarding the extremely large differences in money shows he does like the club.

Everyone forgets that Rugby League is these guys jobs. They're arent doing it for the supporters, the sponsors the club. THey are doing it to make themeselves money every week like we do when you trot off to work every day.

You can't knock a bloke for taking the promotion.

Flip link said:
The fact that he took so long to make a decision regarding the extremely large differences in money shows he does like the club.

Everyone forgets that Rugby League is these guys jobs. They're arent doing it for the supporters, the sponsors the club. THey are doing it to make themeselves money every week like we do when you trot off to work every day.

maybe he was waiting thinking he might get higher offers from other teams that might be interested also..waiting till the deadline then pick who is offering the most & go with them..

Flip link said:
Where is the money for Perry leaving going?

Is this the cash being used to tie up Foran and the reason it hasn't made it official just yet. Or is the money being used in a different direction, perhaps one that we haven't thought of that could cover the departure of Hodkinson.

Well I certainly hope that it isn't being kept for an Orford return.  With the prospect of him returning, it would be a backwards step in my opinion.  Either chase Cronk or give the position to DCE next year (I really don't think that he is ready just yet as he is only just starting to find his feet in the QLD Cup over the last couple of weeks) if he isn't going to Bradford as Orford's replacement.

Anyone who thinks the storm will get rid of Cronk are dreaming. They will do anything and everything to keep Cronk, Smith and Slater.

According to an article I read they will not let Cronk go.

"It's understood that the Storm have to shed one of their four marquee players, valued about $500,000 each, and four top-end players, who are on contracts of about $250,000.

Even though Inglis is regarded as one of the game's best players, it's understood the Storm are leaning towards releasing him instead of fullback Billy Slater or hooker Cameron Smith, while halfback Cooper Cronk is regarded as the key to the side's success. The latter three form the spine of the Melbourne attack.

Given the comparatively modest contracts of forwards Adam Blair and Sika Manu, it's believed they will be retained, along with former Bulldogs prop Sione Kite and lock Todd Lowrie.

With rising stars such as Matt Duffie, Gareth Widdop, Kevin Proctor, Dane Nielsen, Luke Kelly, William Isa and Jesse Bromwich, Melbourne officials are confident the big five can be replaced - should they be forced out - and the club can stay in premiership contention and, more importantly, under the cap."

Rather see us get Brett Finch. Good solid halfback who isn't going to break the bank & doesn't have the ego to take too much ball away from Lyon & Foran.

Still of the age that he is more than able of being there until either Ricarrdi or DCE prove themselves worthy of a NRL call up.

Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster.

On the subject of Foran, I asked him point blank on Friday night whether he had signed or not and he told me without hesitation that he had.

Make of that what you will, I mean let's face it, it wasn't that long ago that Trent said he loved the place and wanted to stay.

Flip link said:

Exactly, it ****s me no end that people talk about him being a traitor when to stay with us he has to knock back $50,000 or $100,000 a year to do it. It's a no brainer.

The bulldogs are looking more and more attractive with the forwards theyve been recruiting too. That being said its a business decision on both ends, if Trents not going to be here next year, send him to QLD cup and give his replacement a run.

Back on the Bulldogs:
I find it kind of ironic that the so called family club is "letting" two long serving players look elsewhere for a better contract. AFAIK they still have a year or two left, but the bulldogs are already buying their replacements.

I wonder if Ryan or Patten actually want to go.

Cletus link said:
[quote author=Flip link=topic=183580.msg266423#msg266423 date=1276388845]

Exactly, it S**ts me no end that people talk about him being a traitor when to stay with us he has to knock back $50,000 or $100,000 a year to do it. It's a no brainer.
[/quote]

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4