Has Foran signed yet?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Wheel link said:
Didnt Zorba confirm on radio recently he has signed

No, he said, "last week, I went "foran" extra large two all beef paddies special sauce lettuce cheese, pickles onion, on a sesame seed bun, and signed on the dotted line when Macca's asked me to become the new Grimace at Brooky!

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
LOL Ryan
yes he did say he signed

But did he confirm that it was with manly?

I have heard that souths still have room under their salary cap and along with Inglis they will announce this week that they have also signed Cronk, Foran, Cameron Smith and Sonny Bill Williams.

All players thank the input from russell Crowe for signing with souths and say that they wouldn't have done it without his input.  

They and their families will also enjoy their mansions in Monacco, Greece, Spain and Majorca as well as the motor cruisers, cash and gold bullion.  

And for those rugby league supporters who believe that souths are under the salary cap after signing Inglis the pigs will be flying past your window shortly.

I was listening to an interview with bruno cullen yesterday
and it appears likely that the delay in foran's signing would have to do with the stat dec's that had to be signed post the storm salary cap.

Apparently the new process is, the club, the player and the agent all have to sign a stat dec saying that is that the amount on the NRL contract is the total amount the player is recieving.

The managers association and the players association had advise all players not to sign them until it had been reviewed and their issues sorted with the nrl. Apparently that only happened a few weeks ago.

Cambo link said:
I was listening to an interview with Bruno Cullen yesterday
and it appears likely that the delay in foran's signing would have to do with the stat dec's that had to be signed post the storm salary cap.

Apparently the new process is, the club, the player and the agent all have to sign a stat dec saying that is that the amount on the NRL contract is the total amount the player is receiving.

The managers association and the players association had advise all players not to sign them until it had been reviewed and their issues sorted with the nrl. Apparently that only happened a few weeks ago.

This was reported some months back as a stumbling block to Inglis signing the bronco deal, which smells bad.he was advised not to sign until the result. Ever since news broke of this legal bill from Inglis/storm and the impact i haven't believed any of it, . I just thought they were still having problems with the stat dec thing and this legal issue between 2 news ltd clubs was just a smokescreen as to the real reason. If the players unions loses there challenge  very soon  ill believe it even more

They stink the Bronx and melb and i dont believe for one moment Russel crowe is the player here. The chance of the Bronx getting caught rorting too was more the issue i reckon

Oh and when Inglis says he has to look after himself he is right. He would have no problems letting the storm or Bronx face the music but if he signed the stat dec he would be implicated up to his crevice

This is concrete proof that nothing counts until the ink is dry on the contract. A handshake, a promise, a friendship mean very little.

Inglis's blindside run beats Broncos
Stuart Honeysett From: The Australian

GREG Inglis is known for his evasive skills but the Brisbane Broncos never suspected he could fool an entire club.

Expected to announce himself as a South Sydney Rabbitoh as early as today, Inglis has managed to wrongfoot even his trusted manager Allan Gainey, who last Saturday sat patiently with Broncos officials waiting for a man who would never arrive.

Thus far a wrangle between his former club Melbourne and the Broncos and a six-figure legal bill have been used to explain Inglis's failure to sign for Brisbane.

In truth, Inglis was swept off his feet by the dazzling star power of South Sydney owner Russell Crowe and mentor Anthony Mundine. On Souths' coaching staff was former Broncos captain Gorden Tallis and in the background was Mundine's manager Khoder Nasser. The Broncos had no chance.

To all intents and purposes, the 23-year-old was already living the life of a Bronco.

Inglis had leased a plush new Brisbane pad and was already behind the wheel of a brand new Audi that was part of his sponsorship deal to join the Broncos. He was a regular at the club's Red Hill headquarters where he was already in consultation with the training staff about his rehabilitation from a shoulder injury.

One problem remained -- he still hadn't actually signed his Broncos contract.

Melbourne had only released him on compassionate grounds so he could follow fiancee Sally Robinson to Brisbane where she was starting a new job.

Despite having agreed to terms with the Broncos as far back as August, Inglis had been unable to put pen to paper following a dispute between the NRL, and the Rugby League Players Association and Players Agents Association. The Broncos weren't concerned. There was a heap of correspondence with both their club, the NRL and from Gainey confirming that Inglis's move to the Broncos was done.

The side issue of Inglis's legal fees -- racked up when a QC was hired to defend assault charges while with Melbourne in 2009 -- also proved to be an unwanted distraction. Inglis had a bill of $113,000 which the Storm wanted paid before it granted him a release. Inglis didn't believe he should foot the whole bill, given that he had had no say over who should be his legal counsel.

The NRL made things worse -- and as far as the Broncos were concerned made it drag on even further -- when it said any club that paid the bill would have to carry it in their cap the next year.

But here's the thing: while the legal bills were being portrayed as a major impediment, the truth is they were little more than nuisance value. An agreement was close to being hammered out which would see the Storm pay $60,000, Inglis $30,000 and the Broncos $23,000.

Once the NRL had sorted out its playing contract issues with the RLPA and the PAA, all that was left for Inglis to do was sign. That's when the alarm bells sounded.

Inglis was in Brisbane last Friday morning for a meeting with Broncos chief executive Bruno Cullen and football manager Andrew Gee, but insisted he still had to talk things over with family in Sydney before putting pen to paper. The Broncos were a little puzzled about why he needed to go anywhere. Things only got worse from there.

A meeting was organised the following day between Broncos officials and Inglis at a secret location. Inglis didn't show. Not even Gainey knew where he was.

It emerged that Crowe and Mundine were in cahoots to lure Inglis to Redfern. The Broncos also suspect that their former captain Tallis -- now with Souths -- was also playing his part. Crowe is a man who usually gets what he wants. The Hollywood superstar can open up opportunities, and we're not just talking about being decked out in Armani suits.

West Australian mining magnate Andrew "Twiggy" Forrest is willing to tip in $100,000 if Inglis signs up at Redfern.

Mundine has played an equally important role. Inglis regards him as a mentor and believes that together they can champion the cause for underprivileged indigenous Australians.

Nasser is believed to be close to the negotiations. He's the man who encouraged Sonny Bill Williams to flee Australia and play rugby union in France. Certainly Inglis is no stranger to both men. Having established a friendship with Mundine, Inglis revealed in 2008 he was considering dumping Gainey to join Nasser's stable.

Soon after stories were flying about that Inglis could leave the NRL and switch codes when his contract with the Storm expired at the end of 2010. In the end Inglis signed for two more years with Melbourne, Gainey was retained over Nasser, and the threat appeared to be warded off.

Until now.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/ingliss-blindside-run-beats-broncos/story-e6frg7mf-1225951378550

bongos should send him the bill for the Audi and anything else then because there was obviously an agreement entered to by both parties

Foran strikes me as a bloke with a bit of integrity, certainly far from the likes of Inglis, Mundine and Williams

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Foran strikes me as a bloke with a bit of integrity, certainly far from the likes of Inglis, Mundine and Williams

But even Foran would be wondering why we have let so many players go and only signed two reserve graders.

Kiwi Eagle link said:

Exactly. Inglis just confirmed that he belongs in a Queensland jumper with that two faced effort. What a piece of work. LOL that it happened to Brisbane though, what a shame.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4