Hasler back to Manly???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MRW

from foxsports

SHHHH

Which coach is eyeing a return to his former club?

He’s not off contract with his current club but we all know a contract doesn’t count for much these days.

Certain people in power at his former club are eager to bring him back but there’s resistance from others and their current coach still has time left to run on his deal. This could get very messy!

Could this be a Des return

from foxsports

SHHHH

He’s not off contract with his current club but we all know a contract doesn’t count for much these days.

Certain people in power at his former club are eager to bring him back but there’s resistance from others and their current coach still has time left to run on his deal. This could get very messy!

Could also be Brad Arthur?

from foxsports

SHHHH

IMO this is absolutely about Des.

We all know he has friends in high places at Manly who now have control of the club and he's on the nose in some quarters at the Dogs.

Other candidates this story could refer to include:

Nathan Brown - Dragons wouldn't go there again I don't think
Ricky Stuart - No way in hell would he return to Eels
Wayne Bennett - he's back home now and I can't see him leaving Broncos again
Neil Henry - Green and Stuart are safe as houses at his former clubs
Jason Taylor - don't think any club let alone his former ones would be chasing him
Anthony Griffin - no hope of removing Bennett at Broncos

All other coaches are at their first clubs as head coaches.

I must say I 'hated' Des after the way he left in 2011 but I've softened in my old age and would welcome him back with open arms.

Come Home Des - All is forgiven!

from foxsports

SHHHH

Given the club is basically a dictatorship with the Penns,who would be speaking up against Des's return?The 2 F.C. seats on the board don't get a say in that side of things so....

from foxsports

SHHHH

It has to be I just did a run down on all coaches and the only possible answer is des

from foxsports

SHHHH

No Barrett back to the dragoons

http://www.sportingnews.com/league/...latest-news/cq7ukvo4bvjn1iv5cig0u73zf/slide/2

Des not a certain Dog

It’s no secret that Trent Barrett is on shaky ground after the season from hell at the Sea Eagles.

But the man Manly are considering to replace him may shock some - a fella by the name of Des Hasler.

Des is a Manly legend - both as a player and a coach - and the club is still somewhat in shock from his decision to walk out and join the Bulldogs in 2012.

Hasler remains a Manly icon despite his departure, having played over 250 games for the club and coached the Sea Eagles with great success from 2004 to 2011.

He has been in contract talks with the Bulldogs - but nothing has been signed at this point.

And despite his success at the Dogs, there has been tension.

Bulldogs great Terry Lamb let it slip a couple of months ago when he declared Hasler did not understand the Canterbury culture and his comments are shared by many within the club.

Did not Penn play a hand in Des leaving in the 1at place? I'm open to correction but from memory Penn was chairman at the time and the club had dithered over his re signing giving Des an out. Hence Penn threatened to sue Des for this and that, threats that proved to be hollow.
I can't see the ego of a bloke in his position to be overcome in any period of time and I will be very surprised if this ever happens.
We'll see.

Dogs would have paid plenty for Des. How much of the dithering by the Penns revolved around Des's asking price. That big Money word.

Des won the Penn's a premiership. He has cemented himself as one of the comps top coaches.

Now they are sole owners. Des will have plenty of appeal to the Penns. Even if they don't always see eye to eye.

What other top line coaches would even be interested!

Dogs would have paid plenty for Des. How much of the dithering by the Penns revolved around Des's asking price. That big Money word.

Des won the Penn's a premiership. He has cemented himself as one of the comps top coaches.

Now they are sole owners. Des will have plenty of appeal to the Penns. Even if they don't always see eye to eye.

What other top line coaches would even be interested!
Yep it would have been all about Des's asking price, and his finishing price, as in back ended contracts and rehab and training facilities. But that's the cost of success in modern sport. As I said, we'll see but if Penn believed that coaches hold the key to that success he would have re signed him then. Or at the very least would have forked out more folding stuff for a more credentialed coach than Trent.
Time will tell.

You'd have to overcome money AND Bozo. Des likes full control and he won't get that.

This was just a SN white space filler. If the team heats up they will write one about Baz being rumoured to be extended.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2