Hasler calls for change to video refs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Manly coach Des Hasler has called for immediate changes to the NRL's use of video referees and wants more power handed back to the on-field whistleblowers.

Hasler remains upset at a crucial no-try ruling for obstruction by video referee Chris Ward in Sunday's loss to New Zealand Warriors, claiming referee Paul Simpkins wanted to award the try but was over-ruled after seeking clarification from the fourth official.

He claims there is too much inconsistency in the rulings between referees and video officials and wants the person with the whistle to be given total control.

http://www.silvertails.net/news/5543/Hasler-calls-for-change-to-video-refs.htm

I can't seem to work out why the referreeing is so poor this year. Timid and weak and just wrong decisions. Forward passes seem to be the thing to allow, slowing down the play the ball is OK sometimes but not all the time, brushing off captains, and seeing grapples where there is none. Finals time is a worry.

Dessie would just whinge about the refereeing decisons then.

Maybe the two coaches should be the joint video refs. They can only blame themselves for the decisions.

And if they can't agree then there might be a few good one on one fisticuffs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4