Hasler enemies lose Manly Sea Eagles board boilover

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
GEOFF Toovey's coaching appointment is the first piece of positive news to emerge from Brookvale in more than a week. But don't be fooled into thinking the dysfunctional board is suddenly united.

Read the full article

410410-john-walstab-peter-spray-melinda-gainsford-taylor-bob-reilly-scott-penn.jpg

Divided: Manly directors John Walstab, Peter Spray, Melinda Gainsford-Taylor, Bob Reilly and Scott Penn finalise Geoff Toovey's appointment last night. Picture: Braden Fastier Source: The Daily Telegraph

Thanks BE on the ball as usual.

Hmmm i wonder who the Hasler haters could be. Thankfully they came around as it sounds like the players would of been pissed.

Who are these idiots having ago for the board appointing Tooves so quick?

Lol at the haters. Don't like us but so want to be us.

One well-placed Sydney NRL official said: "A board with no league experience just rushed the appointment of a head coach in 72 hours. What a joke."

Greenburg ?
Osbourne ?

Ricky Stuart must be pissed lol

Berkeley_Eagle said:
One well-placed Sydney NRL official said: "A board with no league experience just rushed the appointment of a head coach in 72 hours. What a joke."

Greenburg ?
Osbourne ?

Ricky Stuart must be pissed lol

Hahahahaha poor old Ricky.

Don't know peoples fascination with Ricky Stuart. Yet to be convinced he is anything as a coach. His stint at Cronulla just had me thinking his ego couldn't let anyone settle into a halves role, and when he went to Roosters, it was widely known that Gould coached that side to the Premiership; and when Stuart got sick of the innuendo that he wasn't coaching, got rid of Gould and the Roosters side slid into oblivion. He then took an Australian side of superstars and eld them to defeat by the kiwi's, and then the NSW side filled them with purpose and commitment to win at least ONE SOO.
Just because some of the board members didn't like Des personally, and wanted him to fit their mould of what they thought a coach should be, I think is the reason the board stumbled with this whole fiasco.
I look forward to Des, Toovs, and Crusher rubbing their noses in it next year with B2B. Unfortunately, I don't think they'll realise it was THEIR mistake until they have no place on the baord.

Finally we got a pen that writes. Funny we can sign tooves up in 72 hours but have had years for hasler and come up short.

Great news about tooves but u suspect this was the real agenda with some of the board members from the start.

It will be very interesting to see who will keep their seats come election time.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/toovey-appointed-manly-coach/video-e6frf3ou-1226163405835?subcat=1225914677120

72 hours was long enough to come up with a new head coach. Even with a fighting board a succession plan was in place. Not many other clubs have such an animal. It took most fans 7 minutes to come up with it. I think they made all the right decisions.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8