Hasler never had to deal with this!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
Big part of our problem is as follows IMO.

Lussick-Gone
Harrison-Gone
T Rex-Gone
Oldfield-Gone
Whare-Gone
Add to that
Gift-out injured
Snake-out injured
Matai-Out sick
Snake-Contract
Matai-Contract(re signed)
Ballin-Contract(re signed)
Foz-Contract(re signed)
DCE-Contract(re signed)
Wolfman-Contract
Jorge T-Contract(re signed)
FLU-many affected
The back up players don't have the passion for the jersey for mine. Whare looks like a sullen brat whenever a camera pans to him on the sideline(eg when we were up 34 nil last weekend). It's not like the back up players are coming in to prove a point to Tooves and stake a claim for a future starting berth. So many players futures up in the air also has had a massive impact, as it would at any club.

I had a massive dummy spit after the game tonight but Des has certainly left his imprint on the side this year. A disruptive and complex web of back ended deals and chasing after our best young talent means we have had to unravel the puzzle and minimise the damage. If we get our best 17 on the park the passion will be there and we can beat ANY side if we play to our potential.

It's easy to forget just how hard this year has been for Toovey and the side in general. Now let's hurt the Dog's next week and this year will have all been worth it for me.

Kevinward777 said:
The back up players don't have the passion for the jersey for mine. ..... It's not like the back up players are coming in to prove a point to Tooves and stake a claim for a future starting berth.

I think you nailed it right there.

Kevinward777 said:

Lussick-Gone
Harrison-Gone
T Rex-Gone
Oldfield-Gone
Whare-Gone
Add to that
Gift-out injured
Snake-out injured
Matai-Out sick
Snake-Contract
Foz-Contract(re signed)
DCE-Contract(re signed)
Wolfman-Contract
FLU-many affected
The back up players don't have the passion for the jersey for mine. Whare looks like a sullen brat whenever a camera pans to him on the sideline(eg when we were up 34 nil last weekend). It's not like the back up players are coming in to prove a point to Tooves and stake a claim for a future starting berth. So many players futures up in the air also has had a massive impact, as it would at any club.

I had a massive dummy spit after the game tonight but Des has certainly left his imprint on the side this year. A disruptive and complex web of back ended deals and chasing after our best young talent means we have had to unravel the puzzle and minimise the damage. If we get our best 17 on the park the passion will be there and we can beat ANY side if we play to our potential.

It's easy to forget just how hard this year has been for Toovey and the side in general. Now let's hurt the Dog's next week and this year will have all been worth it for me.

You're just just making excuses. Almost every single player at Canterbury has been and is in contract negotiations. Every single club has to deal with injuries and every single club has to deal with the winter flu season. The simple fact is that we have fundamental structural problems with our defence.

You gotta be joking. Hassler had to put up with contract negotiations, illness, injuries, board room dramas, players leaving. We played badly while under Des in games as well. Don't give up on the Eagles. We can beat any team. It's just that last night we weren't going to beat anybody, not even Parra. Stick around til next week and watch us kick the dog.

Let's not forget we had some pretty ordinary performances under the super coach in 2010. We would have missed the eight if Melbourne played for points. We will make the semis and then give it a crack. Show some faith and remember there isn't a rugby league fan in Australia who wouldn't swap their clubs success for ours over the past seven seasons.

No team can win a premiership if they don't have their best players on the field & FIT when it matters. We just need to keep ourselves in the top 5 and hope that we overcome all these injuries by the finals. Dont forget we are 1 win out of the 4 and 2 wins off first. There is time to get it together the only question is CAN we get it together. How bad are the injuries to the Stewarts and when will they get back ?
Remember last year we lost Gift King Wolf late in the season and we were all saying we cant win it without them. We get all our players back next week you will see a vastly different performance from last night.

Ralphie said:
Kevinward777 said:

Lussick-Gone
Harrison-Gone
T Rex-Gone
Oldfield-Gone
Whare-Gone
Add to that
Gift-out injured
Snake-out injured
Matai-Out sick
Snake-Contract
Foz-Contract(re signed)
DCE-Contract(re signed)
Wolfman-Contract
FLU-many affected

You're just just making excuses. Almost every single player at Canterbury has been and is in contract negotiations. Every single club has to deal with injuries and every single club has to deal with the winter flu season. The simple fact is that we have fundamental structural problems with our defence.

No mate look at the quality of player coming off contract at the Dog's. So important that he has been able to add Perret and Inu amongst others. Chase Foz and sign T Rex. ALL our most influential player's bar Gift and Killer have had to sort out contracts and get out clauses etc. Back ended deals, injuries and the representative season. We may struggle to make the top 4, however to imply it has not been a drama riddled season for Toovey is ignorant. Last night was p1ss poor and if we dish that up again next week we are gone, however next season will be the gauge for how Toovey is doing as a coach.

Also the Dog's pack is full of rep players and HIGH quality fwds possibly one of the top 2 in the NRL- Kasiano, Graham, Tolman, Ennis, Eastwood, Ennis, pritchard, Stagg, Halatau etc etc.....then they have Barba, Morris, Inu, Perrett-hardly a team of plodders. Most definately a better roster than most other teams. AGAIN Kevin Moore who is SH!T almost took this team to the GF a cou[ple of seasons back so the roster couldn't be that bad hey. Most clubs faced with the instability and turmoil Toovey has faced this year woyuld have crumbled by now.

Kevinward777 said:

Lussick-Gone
Harrison-Gone
T Rex-Gone
Oldfield-Gone
Whare-Gone
Add to that
Gift-out injured
Snake-out injured
Matai-Out sick
Snake-Contract
Foz-Contract(re signed)
DCE-Contract(re signed)
Wolfman-Contract
FLU-many affected

Well said Kevin, more post's like this!

And once they phucked off Moore last season Dymock won 6 from the last 8. At the start of last season the Dog's were tipped to give the comp a real shake. Des is ruthless and he knew their roster was strong and as well as the coin he recieved knew the potential of the Dog's roster.

Kevinward777 said:

This. Nothing else matters.

Hasler has never had to deal with coaching against a pumped up Sea eagle team in front of a hostile Brookvale crowd. I am very confident of a big win Friday night .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8