hasler-pours-oil-on-the-fire-with-a-new-snub-for-manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagle007

Reserve Grader
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/hasler-pours-oil-on-the-fire-with-a-new-snub-for-manly/story-fnca0von-1226292625842

I think its more the headline twisting what he really said.

However has anyone noticed how quiet Mr hasler has been about manly and the way he was dismissed.

Am I the only one who finds it odd that this man who has been protrayed for so long as a man of high principles and rightiousness just took being sacked and didnt go after Manly for 12 months worth of wages for the final year of his contract.

Why is that????????????????

Well the way I read it, Des says that are "a benchmark" not "the benchmarK' = nothing in this article just stirring up some trouble.

I wouldn't say it's a snub for Manly, I'd say he's just talking up this weeks opposition.
Dragons had a good win against the Knights when you consider the buildup to the game.
The journos are reading too much into this.

Another media beat up. The dogs are playing the Dragons this week so Des is talking up the opposition like he always has. The media then put their spin on it, as always, and all of a sudden it's Des doesn't rate Manly.

It's little wonder why the Stewart boys won't talk to these hyena's the way they twist everything around.
Who could blame them!!

bones said:
Another media beat up. The dogs are playing the Dragons this week so Des is talking up the opposition like he always has. The media then put their spin on it, as always, and all of a sudden it's Des doesn't rate Manly.

not like the media to do that bones.

Im sure they never did that when Peter Peters was put off
Im sure they never did it when Des was neogating with dogs in July last year
Im sure they never did it when they reported Des was offered more money from manly.

I wonder why the media or certain journos out their own twist on these stories. Who were they do dirty work for.

When it comes to News LTD 50% bull and 50% ****.

What a nothing article. How much do these sports journalists get payed. Fair dinkum the dribble they write they wouldn't be worth much more than the dole.

Next weeks article. "des claims warriors the team to beat. Manly were lucky in round 1"
Des is a one trick pony. His only psychological tactics is the under radar trick. Isn't tooves a breath of fresh air?

Did anyone actually watch the dragons v knights game? Our boys are light yrs ahead of those two! Seriously....Just putting pressure on his opponents as usual. Nothing new. P.s check out the look on DH's face lately! A broken man, or booze hound even

Old habits are hard to change. He's still keeping us under the radar.

No 4 said:
Did anyone actually watch the dragons v knights game? Our boys are light yrs ahead of those two! Seriously....Just putting pressure on his opponents as usual. Nothing new. P.s check out the look on DH's face lately! A broken man, or booze hound even
Broken perhaps but not broke, and I'm twice the boozehound he is.

i don't know what anyone is complaining about, to me he is just trying to keep us under the radar. i guess old habits are hard to break

Wow that is perfect twisting of words

"Still A benchmark" were his actual words

Journalists don't write the headlines. That's done by sub-editors.
I saw this and was appalled at the headline. The story is fair enough.

And how could the journo start relating that to Manly... stupid, stupid article heading. Hasler is merely showing some false humility and being diplomatic and... then comes the journo twist to make it a drawcard for the punters.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6