Hasler says safety calls could lead to NRL players wearing helmets

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Duty of care almost demands that the players will end up wearing helmets. I can see it happening in my lifetime for sure.

Am I the only one who thinks des may indeed himself require a helmet when the dogs play at brookie.

(I am only joking and not Inciting violence)

Cambo said:
Am I the only one who thinks des may indeed himself require a helmet when the dogs play at brookie.

(I am only joking and not Inciting violence)

I was going to write the exact same thing but you beat me to it Cambo!

A careless tackle a week at least.

Maybe crancky frankie should put the same shoulder charge on des and then see what Des thinks.

Is he referring to helmets like the NFL? because if he stopped for a second and read a scientific or NFL report regarding helmets and injuries he'd retract that douchebaggery spew of a comment.

am i the only one who pickedup on the fact des was using tongue in cheek

master blaster said:
pritchard didnt care that he hurt simmons,he thought it was funny

In all serious not true he actually went over to make sure he was ok after he had scored the try.

Was the hit intentional? NO
Does that sort of hit have the potiental to severely brain damage or even kill? YES

That's why frank was suspended.

10 years ago it would of got him 3 dally m points but times have changed.

Rugby League players already have helmets (voluntary) in head gear (remember Beaver anyone?).

That's good enough.

Also, shoulder charges to the dome should be outlawed. If it's accepted, attacking players should be able to brace for the shot with an arm, meaning a tackler may cop a random elbow.

You want to hit like that, take the risk.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6