Hasler tips halves rookie Hodkinson to shine

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
JOSH Perry knows the plight of the people from Sumba better than most. The remote Indonesian island is infamous for a lack of running water and high levels of malaria among its youth.

The Sea Eagles are supporting a program in Indonesia to help rid the islands of malaria and malnutrition. Pictured are Barton Lynch, Josh Perry, Dr Stephen Nolan and Noel Cleal. Picture: ANNIKA ENDERBORG

It is a situation the Sea Eagles prop is desperate to rectify, and his partner has already kick-started the process.
“My girlfriend Bonnie was there for a holiday last year and came back determined to change things,” he said.
“She has set up an orphanage in Bali where quite a few kids from Sumba now live.
“Eventually I would like to head over with a few of the boys so we can do our bit.”
So when Bilgola doctor Stephen Nolan mentioned he was putting on a fundraiser, the former NSW and Australian representative was happy to be involved.
“It is happening tomorrow at the Manly Wharf Hotel and should be a great occasion,” Dr Nolan said.
“Famous peninsula sporting faces like Barton Lynch, Layne Beachley and Tom Carroll will all be there supporting the cause. Every little bit helps.”
Tickets are still available for tomorrow’s two-course lunch at a cost of $125 per person.
Guests will hear Manly legend Noel Cleal reflecting on his glory days in the maroon and white.
Donations can also be made by visiting http://www.sumbafoundation.org. au and for more information, call Kathryn Nolan on 0414 645 080.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6