Hasler vs Toovey vs Arthur's

• Thread starter Deleted member 24974
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
D

Deleted member 24974

With Canterbury just thrashed by St George is Des really a good coach or an opportunist?

Des took over a Manly team with great up and coming talent which made him look good.

Toovey took over an ageing roster and took them close to winning a grand final.

Authurs who knows the internal problems at Manly and is taking advantage but has done nothing as a coach.

Honestly Arthur hasn't done much with the eels. They have some decent players and plenty of expensive signings. If we weren't having such a bad season they would be bottom of the ladder again and the pressure would seriously be on Arthur.

Ask the Batemans Bay boys about Arthur.

They never won a game all season under the super coach.

Des has spent two salary caps this year but is still struggling.

Came close to a premiership last year but to be honest he has been a failed at Canterbury.

We always new this time would come when Manly would have to rebuild. Let's hope Tooves make the right decisions to make Manly successful in the near future.

Is this serious? Hasler took over a **** house Manly side and got us to the finals for the first time in YEARS. Then he goes to the scum dogs who prior to him getting there had made the finals once in four years. Now they have made two GFs and will be a finals regular, like we were when he was here. Also he has made 5 out of the last 8 GFs with 2 different teams. Still don't want him back though lol

To be fair on doggler he build a team here, we were a total rabble in 2003 and he smartened up the place. Arthur did ok with a team last year on the back of a superstar having a brilliant season, Toovey has spent his time putting out fires and massaging egos.

For talent grooming I would go for Hasler, The guy who loves this place has to be Toovey and Arthur well he takes advantage of what he has.

The fellas down at Batemans can't believe Arthur's still involved with coaching from I have heard.

Definitely Des is the best of the three. Tooves has something though. U don't get three top 4 appearances if you can't coach. No matter how good the roster is.

Des is ahead so far but todays result just proves you cant have 5+ missing and still be the same team
and i think with all our players out (as dogs had), we went closer to beating st george than dogs did - didn't we? If not, I can convince myself otherwise with another wine!

Who is Arthurs?

Des is a fantastic coach but a complete turn coat with his own self interest at heart and nothing else.

The Dogs can lose, get thrashed, etc, etc. but only a fool thinks that today's performance against the Dragons is any indication of what's to come later in the year.

They will push a premiership this year Canterbury, mark my words.

With Canterbury just thrashed by St George is Des really a good coach or an opportunist?

Des took over a Manly team with great up and coming talent which made him look good.

Toovey took over an ageing roster and took them close to winning a grand final.

Authurs who knows the internal problems at Manly and is taking advantage but has done nothing as a coach.
You obviously living in a parallel universe. :)

Honestly Arthur hasn't done much with the eels. They have some decent players and plenty of expensive signings. If we weren't having such a bad season they would be bottom of the ladder again and the pressure would seriously be on Arthur.
What do you mean BA has done nothing? He got Parra to 10th position last year, which was an incredible achievement.

Ask the Batemans Bay boys about Arthur.

They never won a game all season under the super coach.

In fairness that was about 20 years ago. Has done a long apprenticeship since then.

On a side note the Tigers aren't going that well these days either. They have moved back to Group 16. Matt Cross (ex Manly) is coaching them this year after returning back down the coast.

Who is Arthurs?

Des is a fantastic coach but a complete turn coat with his own self interest at heart and nothing else.

The Dogs can lose, get thrashed, etc, etc. but only a fool thinks that today's performance against the Dragons is any indication of what's to come later in the year.

They will push a premiership this year Canterbury, mark my words.

Was he a turncoat ,or did he leave once the Penns wanted to take away his control of the team?
This was the start of the whole slippery slide ,The Penn's wanting control .The Penn's don't know football.

I'm as big a Des hater as there is, but to say he took over a team of upcoming talent doesn't do him enough justice. He and Crusher built the playing list from scratch from cast offs of other clubs to blokes who just showed up looking for a game. They rebuilt the joint, although if you ask Grant Meyer he would say he did!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4