Hasson v JSL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
Hasson just doesn't seem to have any impact from the bench, most forwards that come into the game from the bench should lift the tempo and make real impact, bending the line against tired forwards....... I really haven't seen this from him, I believe JSL is more useful in this position from the bench, runs with aggression and has a useful off load.... Should be him over hasson.....

At this stage we need them both, and they are coming along fine. I quite like what I've seen from Hasson.

As I've said before he doesn't have the build for a prop at this stage of his career. He'd be more effective as a backrower on the fringes until Chee Kam comes through.

Players that bend the line c eagle are Taufua ,Matai, Choc, and the new guy getting match fitness playing NSW Cup Epalahame Lauaki .

BOZO said:
Players that bend the line c eagle are Taufua ,Matai, Choc, and the new guy getting match fitness playing NSW Cup Epalahame Lauaki .
Have you seen the new fella run around yet, is he any good

c eagle said:
BOZO said:
Have you seen the new fella run around yet, is he any good
Yes I have and he has a very intimidating presence . . Once he gets match fitness I can see him playing a role for us on the way to the finals

Both are playing on limited minutes, but at the moment, I'd say JSL is offering a little more impact. Hasson seemed to be going a bit better last year in this role.

They're both rookies really, as far as 1st grade goes, to be fair.

Hopefully they get better the deeper their experience and if anyone can get the maximum from their potential, it's Manly.

I'm not sure of the stats but to me Hasson seems to be playing very few minutes currently.

I like the look of JSL, he seems to just throw himself at the defensive line, something I think we desperately need with the loss of key personnel like Kite, Joey G and Georgie Rose.

JSL seems to have a couple of errors in his game that nullify his impact. Hasson on the other hand, doesn't have the same impact but is relatively error free.

It's a tough choice. Glad it is Tooves making it and not me.

SwornEagle said:
Errors?!? JSL is listed as making 1 error all season - http://live.nrlstats.com/nrl/season2014.html

That's terrible, hook him

I like JSL, reminds of Kite in a lot of ways. I'd have him in our 17, but not for Hasson, who I think does a job for us. I'd have him in for Lui. He can make some good runs but dead set has hands like feet.

No contest.JSL it is.

Bench players require impact.Look at what those young guys have done for the tigers.The roosters also have a great up tempo bench.

Judging a bench player on his lack of errors(which JSL has few of anyway) is hardly the way to go,within reason. You don't want your bench players to be thinking in a conservative way, you want them looking to force home an advantage or turn the momentum back towards you.

In that regard it is no contest.

susan said:
No contest.JSL it is.

Bench players require impact.Look at what those young guys have done for the tigers.The roosters also have a great up tempo bench.

Judging a bench player on his lack of errors(which JSL has few of anyway) is hardly the way to go,within reason. You don't want your bench players to be thinking in a conservative way, you want them looking to force home an advantage or turn the momentum back towards you.

Agree totally, but for the past 3 seasons with the one possible exception manly has not had players of impact potential. It appears that the game plan has been exactly conservative.

First .. do no harm ... fit into the defensive pattern .. and continue to grind away.

I think the thinking has been that we have so much fire power in the backs that we only need our interchange forwards to hold tight.

Alan said:
susan said:
No contest.JSL it is.

Agree totally, but for the past 3 seasons with the one possible exception manly has not had players of impact potential. It appears that the game plan has been exactly conservative.

First .. do no harm ... fit into the defensive pattern .. and continue to grind away.

I think the thinking has been that we have so much fire power in the backs that we only need our interchange forwards to hold tight.
In the last 3 seasons we have had salary cap pressure and could not afford any more impact players to add to our bench . Our smallest and lightest bench player Jamie Buhrer has given us the most impact .

Ritchie and Joe were great impact players off the bench. They had size and power to bend back the line. We are mising that a bit. I'm looking for Jake T and perhaps Lauaki to provide this latter in the season along with JSL and Lui. I still can't decide on Buhrer, too many errors and penalties for my liking. He should have cost us the game against the Cows with not going through the line it was only the dumb video ref that saved us.

Since no-one picked up on it - he has not given away a penalty this year either.

I really like what he brings off the bench and judging by the minutes he is getting now so does Tooves.

Every since the game against the bunnies where he came on after King hat put some fire into the pack it appears the penny dropped and he has really gained the confidence needed.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6