Hate to admit it !!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

panash

Reserve Grader
I didnt rate them 3 weeks ago , but last night they were impressive

i watched last nights game between the cowboys and the chickens..

- short turn around ( mon - sat )
- traveled to townsville
- defended more than cowboys
- had less possession than the cowboys ( 47% )
- wet/raining conditions
- only conceded 1 try

and got away with the win , thats a huge effort imo

i know its only May , but do you think they can win it ???

hope not !!

No way! Ray Stehr reckons they proved to us that they are the real deal...but Souths showed us that they are the real deal a week earlier.;)
The roosters are just poor souths imitators and need to learn how to stand on their own two feet. If Ray was fair dinkum, he'd be trolling the souths site, not here. I think he knows that souths are going to flog the roosters!!

(are we under the radar yet??) Good. Piss off Ray. LOL.

I thought they were obvious contenders even before the season began due to their recruitment. The new coach is obviously working wonders as well.

I still doubt they will win the grand final though, they don't have enough players with recent finals experience. However I'm happy that they'll have to live with such high expectations now for the rest of the year.

It will come down to who is healthy come August and September, right now the vermin are the team to beat, Inglis is so dominant now and even more that that Hayne Playne idiot in 2009, every week hes winning games for them.

I think the Rorters have the defence to be right up there, they have a great spine and really good quality over the park, I think they are a rung behind the vermin right now.

The drizzle cant be counted out nor Manly, I am concerned about our front row. We really are shot there right now.

Also watch out for the Raiders, who on their day are so dangerous, Blake ferguson is coming into form that is right up there.

Yep. They're favourites in my book. There defence is exceptional and they have enough experience in the team to not fold at the end of the year. I think they'll beat Souths next time. They've got the forwards to match them, stronger defence and more flair in attack across the park.

sean1976 said:
Yep. They're favourites in my book. There defence is exceptional and they have enough experience in the team to not fold at the end of the year. I think they'll beat Souths next time. They've got the forwards to match them, stronger defence and more flair in attack across the park.

I don't really care which of these two sides fold first in the finals, but I think the rabbits have more attacking flair across the park than the roosters. Roosters defence is stronger and their forwards may be evenly matched, but souths can hurt you from anywhere on the field.

They say big games are won with defence though so.....who knows???

Only four teams can win tin 2013, and I am pleased to say at this stage we are one of them.

BUT it will all depend on who has the cattle on the paddock come the end of September, we just have to hang in there and not drop below 4th.

I like your optimism Mark, fingers crossed we can get one win out of two against Storm or Raiders to stay in the top four. Some teams are racking up big scores.

You just have to look at the Roosters defense to see that they have as good a chance as anyone. Those who still think the Roosters are just making up the numbers are kidding themselves.

Ray Stehr said:
You just have to look at the Roosters defense to see that they have as good a chance as anyone. Those who still think the Roosters are just making up the numbers are kidding themselves.

You spelt defence wrong.

Like Melbourne and the Bunnies, the Cocks have mastered the art of 'winning' the ruck. They push it to the limit every tackle - hands and hold everywhere - in defence and rarely get penalised (which is why they keep doing it - I mean, why would you stop if the refs aren't going to police it?) Makes a huge difference when your attack can't play at speed.
I hate that this is what rugby league has become - a battle between wrestling coaches - but unless it changes, teams that 'win' the ruck will always be hard to beat. Thanks, Craig Bellamy.

Earnie the Eagle said:
Ray Stehr said:

You spelt defence wrong.

Love your work mate ;) lol

Ron E. Gibbs said:
Like Melbourne and the Bunnies, the Cocks have mastered the art of 'winning' the ruck. They push it to the limit every tackle - hands and hold everywhere - in defence and rarely get penalised (which is why they keep doing it - I mean, why would you stop if the refs aren't going to police it?) Makes a huge difference when your attack can't play at speed.
I hate that this is what rugby league has become - a battle between wrestling coaches - but unless it changes, teams that 'win' the ruck will always be hard to beat. Thanks, Craig Bellamy.

Yeah. Sides like Melbourne, roosters and souths that get that ruck domination and roll on through the forwards are hard to stop. McGuire was understudy to Bellamy and has the storm formula down pat. Manly are one of only a few teams that consistently play a more expansive and creative game - which is one reason our results are never as consistent as the storm and why we make twice as many mistakes as them. Bellamy is a great coach but he's got a lot to answer for in terms of what he's done to the game. Last years GF was the best example of that.

I rate Chooks just ahead of Bunnies at the moment.

Light years away the rest.

Manly and Storm only ones capable of bridging the gap. Both not travelling that well at he moment but plenty of time.

Ron E. Gibbs said:

The Roosters have been penalised 75 times this year, and won a total of 2 penalty counts from their 10 games, so I don't know where you get the theory that they are rarely penalised from.

mmmdl said:
The Roosters have been penalised 75 times this year, and won a total of 2 penalty counts from their 10 games, so I don't know where you get the theory that they are rarely penalised from.

Watching the North Queensland game on Saturday night, they should have been penalised a hell of a lot more than they were. Jake Friend is particularly adept at slowing down the play. Sure, they're penalised occasionally - like most teams - but the refs lack the will to penalise any team every play. If they were penalised every infringement teams would get the message soon enough, but it's never going to happen. That boat's well and truly sailed.
And it's not just the Roosters or the Storm - it's us on plenty of occasions, too. Teams push the refs as far as they can - given the incredibly inconsistent way the game is adjudicated they'd be crazy not to. And I'm sure most teams would be happy to lose every penalty count if it meant they'd keep winning games.

The first one or two tackles of each set seem to be the most important. I'd say the smart teams are coached to push the boundaries on those plays, because they don't want the opposition getting a roll on early in their set.

Particularly if they've given them the ball in a corner or very near the sideline. A penalty kick for touch won't usually make too many metres from that position.

The ones all coaches hate are the 4th and 5th tackle penalties. Some penalties are killers while others actually give the penalised team a breather.

'Oils aint oils'.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8