Hats off to George

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
people are always louder when there are things to complain about. Often the good is left in the shadows. Have to say congrats to the big fella. Start of the year looked like a bit of a hack in NSW Cup, has definitely taken his chance with open arms and is looking better week by week. Can't have been easy for him watching on after having a regular spot taken away. Could've given up trying and let one of the younger props take that chance, or buggered off elsewhere, on last few games performance he has definitely given his all and hasn't let us down. Hopefully he can keep that up now.

and now everyone else in the team is probably stoked he "can leave that hat on" come nudie run time at the end of the year...

George gave us genuine go forward in the game last night. He was a threat and scored a good try, hopefully he can string a few games together like that. we need more from Kitey.

George always struggles pre origin for fitness but after 10 rounds he seems to get up to speed and add value. Hope he can stay injury free and continue to provide impact off the bench

Gorgeous George got my 3 points this week. There was a big roar in Bay 37 last night whenever he was hitting it up. Excellence performance by the big fella!! :)

George adds more than Kite IMO. At least he bends the line. Kite on the other hand offers very little these days. Will be very interesting to see how he goes next year.

Kite is a more mobile defender though as George can sometimes get caught out by fast play the balls. he was caught out badly last night which led to a try.

Choc and Symonds were also caught out in that play, neither scored though. Lyon got caught out in the roosters final try.

Fluffy said:
Choc and Symonds were also caught out in that play, neither scored though. Lyon got caught out in the roosters final try.

Gav have a look at the first half around 26 min 12 seconds and watch Rose when Friend scored the roosters second try.

Friend saw that he will still jogging back into position and ran in the gap that rose should have covered.

http://www.nrl.com/Video/tabid/10959/contentid/558805/Default.aspx

Whilst is is still a liability in defence, his runs last night set the platform for our go forward. He definitely deserved more minutes than Kite.

Sincerely; someone who was hating on him all year.

I have always supported him, and he has been good lately, but was it too much to ask to keep the kilos from piling up over the bye period? Seriously needs a kick up the pants to stick to a diet for the rest of the year. Looked heavier than ever last night.

Love you George. Lose some weight. Want you to fire at the big end of the season.

silvertail said:
I have always supported him, and he has been good lately, but was it too much to ask to keep the kilos from piling up over the bye period? Seriously needs a kick up the pants to stick to a diet for the rest of the year. Looked heavier than ever last night.

Love you George. Lose some weight. Want you to fire at the big end of the season.

If he is playing good, why does it matter what he weighs ? Would he be as effective not weighing as much ?

All I give a stuff about is how he plays, not how he looks

Kiwi Eagle said:
silvertail said:

If he is playing good, why does it matter what he weighs ? Would he be as effective not weighing as much ?

Tooves apparently wanted him to shed some kilos. He might know a bit more than you :p

Garts said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
silvertail said:

Tooves apparently wanted him to shed some kilos. He might know a bit more than you :p

Possibility, but unlikely ;)

The Eagle Has Landed said:
If we haven't had so many injuries or suspensions to key forwards lets face it he wouldn't be in the team.
g,day all,mores the pity as he has a lot to offer in my opinion.We all know what a difference it makes to oneself when you know you have the confidence of the coach,boss etc as opposed to when your on the outer and george has been on the outer with tooves for whatever the reason since day one.I for one am happy to see him going well at the moment and whatever his perceived shortcomings are he has natural skills that to me have been tragically neglected,as we desperately need some at the moment.
cheers mike

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6