Have I Got This Right!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
A brief summary of what I think has happened.

1. We have lost a player who wasnt gonna be here for the next 2 years.

2. It looks like 2012 will be the last for our current coach.

the result being

3. Our club has decided not to pay "overs" for players or coaches.

Am I missing anything?

If not, whats all the fuss about?

(sorry for starting another thread but I am confused/amused/bemused)

That's pretty much it. The timing's a bit of a buzz killer though.

Plus it's the ****en Dogs.

bob dylan said:

the result being

Am I missing anything?

Are you Jackie Chiles? lol

That's a fairly dispassionate view from a poet like yourself, Bob:)
As Volley says, it's the timing that's getting everybody's knickers in a twist. Plus, as much as people say "rugby league is a business", we all know it's more than that. Does anyone really care for BHP or Telstra as much as they care for their footy team?
Des Hasler is as Manly as a bloke can get. The Bulldogs are the Bulldogs, ie, Super League filth who, like the Storm, thought it was just good business to cheat the salary cap. So it's hard not to be a little upset that he's going.

bob dylan said:

the result being

Am I missing anything?

Plus some other good news:
* Matai will have his shoulder/neck fixed and not smash the Australian centres, so he should be ready for the start of 2012
* Glenn is taking time off to comfort his fiancee, and all our thoughts are with them
* Brett may not risk re-injuring his leg by playing on an ardious overseas tour
* DCE will gain valuable experience being in a squad with Locky, Thurston, Cronk etc

Yeah, there are positives.

The Who said:
bob dylan said:

the result being

Am I missing anything?

* Matai will have his shoulder/neck fixed and not smash the Australian centres, so he should be ready for the start of 2012
* Glenn is taking time off to comfort his fiancee, and all our thoughts are with them
* DCE will gain valuable experience being in a squad with Locky, Thurston, Cronk etc

I just hope Lockyer don't get in DCE ear and convince him to sign with the Broncos

This is what happened with the Hoppa/Des connection. Hoppa was told all along that Des would not be coaching Manly when he came back to football in '14. Des already had a deal with the Dogs and Hoppa knew about it from Hoppa Snr friendship with Dessie. Hoppa Jnr signs with Parra as no Dessie to come back to and Parra offered more than the Dogs. That's the inside story.

eagleE said:
This is what happened with the Hoppa/Des connection. Hoppa was told all along that Des would not be coaching Manly when he came back to football in '14. Des already had a deal with the Dogs and Hoppa knew about it from Hoppa Snr friendship with Dessie. Hoppa Jnr signs with Parra as no Dessie to come back to and Parra offered more than the Dogs. That's the inside story.

Sort of makes sense. But if Hoppa was so 'wedded' to Des then why didn't he sign with the Dogs instead of Parra? The Dogs seem to have just as much cash to splash.

My thoughts exactly...I can't believe a winger is worth 800k and I don't believe anyone is worth 1million per. My next concern is how many players have get out clauses...Would like to have some idea who I will be supporting next year.

Tareeeagle said:
My thoughts exactly...I can't believe a winger is worth 800k and I don't believe anyone is worth 1million per. My next concern is how many players have get out clauses...Would like to have some idea who I will be supporting next year.
Stick with Manly brother. Des will be coach in 2012! What happens then, will happen then. Players will be just as emotional but will make decisions in the light of day when things are sorted out.

Tareeeagle said:

I doubt that the Eels will play Hoppa on the wing!

The Bulldogs have pulled off a masterstroke as they know that by offering Des the world there is a good chance that they will get at least one of the following: Foran, DCE, B.Stewart/G.Stewart or T-Rex for a good price. I doubt it was all about Des...

But in saying this, if Hasler does take a player or two with him then I hope that he is NEVER allowed back to the club again. Kinda like Rod Reddy never being welcomed back at the Dragons!!!

eagleE said:

Only makes sense huh? Will saying he wanted to be back at manly next day he is a Eel. What a premiership killler.

Canteen Worker said:
Tareeeagle said:
Stick with Manly brother. Des will be coach in 2012! What happens then, will happen then. Players will be just as emotional but will make decisions in the light of day when things are sorted out.
Sorry mate, i wasn't quite clear I meant I would like to know who I will be supporting at Manly next year..I will get the hang of this soonish..

bob dylan said:

the result being

Am I missing anything?

and 4. Des Hasler will achieve Back to Back in 2012

5. Tooves will better him by achieving 3 in a row 2013-15 (including a win over the mutts in a sudden death semi-final in 2014 when they reach their peak under Dessie)

6. Hoppa looking to come back in 2016.....but no room, besides he has gotten really fat by then

all seems to be playing out quite well so far :cool:

The Who said:
bob dylan said:

the result being

Am I missing anything?

*as will TRex getting a shot for Australia

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4