Have read it correctly ....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Beaver boy

Reserve Grader
No Hodges on the bench ? Four forwards again ?

Seriously, we used to get cheap metres from dummy half over the last few years. Tafua, Matai and even woodman would be good for some invaluable scoots from dummy half. Even Ballin used to contribute a little, however he has somewhat slowed down. Our point of difference from dummy half has virtually ceased. Every to e a Hodges has taken the field in first grade he's been dynamic. Don't get me wrong he's no Cam Smith, Farah or Segeyaro, however he's only at the beginning of his career, and could develop into a very very good hooker.

His performance in the pressure cooker environment of the semis behind a depleted forward pack in last years narrow semi final against the Dogs was brilliant.

Let's blood him now.

He was only named shortly before kick-off last week. Hopefully this week will be the same, he definitely deserves to be there.

No Hodges on the bench ? Four forwards again ?

Seriously, we used to get cheap metres from dummy half over the last few years. Tafua, Matai and even woodman would be good for some invaluable scoots from dummy half.
Let's blood him now.
Who is Woodman? I googled him and it appears he has some good moves...

Look, I love Tooves as much as most Manly fans, but seriously, Hodges actually provided variety from dummy half last week and brought more to the team than Hasson ever has.

I'm not part of the coaching staff so I have no idea what they base their selections on. But surely Hodges would be a bigger asset to our side than Hasson.

Hodges wasn't listed last week, not even as 18th man but he got picked over Hasson in the end. The team that was named on Tuesday was probably a generic selection and would be likely to change for this week's game.

If Foran plays then I reckon Hodges will be a half chance to play. If Foran is ruled out then I'd say it's certain that Hodges will play.

Its a joke if he doesn't play! The only time we looked like any hope last week was when he was on the field. Enthusiastic, good metres out of dummy half and provided lots of spark in attack putting the opposition on the back foot.
I like MB but he is one dimensional and gives nothing in attack.
You watch, Hodges will leave our club out of frustration.

Hodges is named this week as the 18th man.
The Tuesday deadline dictates that most Teams just send in the previous week's list.

We need some speedy person on the bench, as both Snake and Foran decided to come back early from injuries, to impress their respective Representative Game Selectors.:confused: Good chance we lose a back during the game.

It would be nice if Foran for once to impress our selectors rather than the Piwi ones. I hope they at least have Hodges on the bench.

Very hard for opposition coaches to plan against when you suprise them with a move like bringing in hodges at the last because it does change our dynamic.

Very hard for opposition coaches to plan against when you suprise them with a move like bringing in hodges at the last because it does change our dynamic.
Spot there, I've got no doubt that a coach like bellamy would not even consider the possibility of his late inclusion and prepare accordingly. Throwing him in at the last moment is certain to catch them completely by surprise. @;)

Yeah hodges should be in the squad. It seems that Ballin has lost a bit of speed this year, and its hurting us up the middle.

If the interchange rule changes next year hodges is a must. He has alot of speed out of dummy half.

Watched a replay of that Dogs game without bourbon goggles & the tempo around the ruck increased 70% when he got on the field.
Created space, exploded from the ruck every opportunity bouncing out of tackles & another extra I noticed was his support play after distributing the ball, got himself in great position to support rather than dying off after passing which most structured players unfortunately make a habit of doing.
Always support Tooves who I believe is often unfairly targetted & deserves far more credit than he gets , but a bit confused by Hodges not in the 17....noone should understand how much a little man with zip & evasion can break down the defence better than the legend himself....in a game of chess you need certain pieces that attack in different ways & this is 1 of them imo.

I love Ballin. He's a club legend. But he hasn't been our number one hooker since the finals last year.

When you're anchored to the bottom of the table like we are you don't get the luxury of fingers crossed things get better. Hard decisions need to be made.

I love ya Toovs but if you don't start looking like you're making inroads in the roster that are obviously beneficial...

With the MVP stuff, I mark players available as per the Tuesday team list. I can tell you every week I have to go and change it as the 17 named on Tuesday is never the 17 that actually runs out. I'm fully expecting Hodges to replace Hasson in the 17. The Late Mail on the SuperCoach fan site I look at suggests the same and it's usually on the money. As mentioned elsewhere, they're tipping Stewart to play, in for Wolfman or Foran. Interesting part was if Foran's out they're suggesting Hiku will play 5/8.

Has Hasson played a match since his suspension? Did he play in the reserves?
I can understand how he can come straight into the 17 without showing form in a lower grade.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8