Have we been spoilt since 07?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
Dear All

There has been a lot of negativity surrounding the boys, some justified, some perhaps over the top. But it has really made me wonder, since 2007 have we as Manly fans just been a little bit spoilt?

I think (and shoot me down as you must) that this year shows just how hard it is to win a premiership, and how lucky (maybe fortunate is a better term there??) we have been in the last 6 years to have 2 premierships plus made a GF and a PF.

This 6 year period will certainly go down as an absolute golden era for not only Manly but any team in the last 15-20 years.

Now I'm not suggesting that the team shouldn't hold exceptionally high standards, and they should have their sights on another premiership, HOWEVER we as Manly fans need to realize there are bumps in the road, and we have witnessed a golden generation.

Plus I think we also need to pay some respect to the top 3 teams, they are certainly playing tough, premiership winning footy.

And without being blasé, imagine being a souths fan? You need to be late 40s to remember their last premiership. Sharks? Nuff said. Even the Roosters fans have only witnessed 1 premiership in 37 years.

Is there a point to this thread? Sure let's be upset when the boys lose (god I close to breaking my tv set everytime we do), but lets also pay tribute to this generation....and hopefully to the coming of the next!

We have not been spoilt, we deserve to win. Each year. Each week.

It's true our players are only human, which only makes it more important that the team managers continually plan for the replenishment of our playing stock.

We should always be contenders. And for nearly all of the past 50 or so years we have been. This year we were not touted as contenders, then we were contenders, now we are running on the spot a bit. But ask the Roosters or Souths if they don't consider us contenders. Or Bellamy.

The reason we are not spoiled is that for this club it is not a bonus to be successful. It is our raison d'etre.

I disagree with the thread, and agree with ser, i am 44, and I regard 99 to 2004 as the aberration.

We have been very spilt being nearly the gun team every year for many years. For some new fans this season may be a shock.

We were robbed in 07 by a team way over the cap and smashed with injuries in 09 so no not spoilt.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4