Have You Ever Seen Player Succession in Better Shape?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I know I havent. In some ways its a shame a couple of the experienced guys are not a year older as i fear we may lose some of these young talented players, who cant wait another 1-2 years to get a crack at the top grade.

Someone at our club sure knew what they were doing talent wise.

We need a Halser and Cleal appreciation thread for the clubs current talent.

Also post again when we know who is leaving and who is staying next year. Our depth might be solely tested next year.

Yeah Crusher is the best in the business.

And Des was brilliant for us and left us in excellent shape. Having a solid core of great and experienced players allows for succession planning because there aren't mass vacancies and stop gap solutions.

Looking at Whare is a case in point - plenty of clubs would have burned him out by now but with his build and dependence on his footballing instincts and developing skills we have done the right thing by not rushing him into first grade and creating a one dimensional speed merchant finisher. It's a luxury we are lucky to have.

Just on succession planning the coaching ranks seem to be in a similarly healthy position.

I will all ways be grateful for what Des and Crusher did for Manly, all ways.

Watching last night's game, even though I had tipped them, I just wanted the dogs to fail. I don't care that they signed Des Hasler - they are entitled to that, it's the smarmy way in which they have paraded his signing with Greenburg out the front acting like he has won his team a premiership already.

Why do the dogs fans love Greenburg so much? Shouldn't it be the players and the coach you look up to? The Kennel is full of messianic images of the bloke it's cringe-worthy. As much as I think Perry is doing a good job it's our star players who show the character and determination that I admire.

Anyway just serves to reinforce how lucky we are to hold the best team in the game in our own hearts.

In all seriousness, our lack of depth sometimes helps. Whare would have struggled to get a gig in the Dragons backline in recent years, as they always seem to be able to pluck a good youngster out of the junior teams.

Interesting to note that the last 2 Origin bolters have been Will Hopoate & Jamie Burher & When you add the rise of Foz & DCE there is no other club in the NRL, other than perhaps the Bronco's with the talent of our young blokes.

Every time a new cheerleader comes on board I think they're in pretty good shape.

Top End Eagle said:
Yeah Crusher is the best in the business.

And Des was brilliant for us and left us in excellent shape. Having a solid core of great and experienced players allows for succession planning because there aren't mass vacancies and stop gap solutions.

Looking at Whare is a case in point - plenty of clubs would have burned him out by now but with his build and dependence on his footballing instincts and developing skills we have done the right thing by not rushing him into first grade and creating a one dimensional speed merchant finisher. It's a luxury we are lucky to have.

Just on succession planning the coaching ranks seem to be in a similarly healthy position.

I will all ways be grateful for what Des and Crusher did for Manly, all ways.

Watching last night's game, even though I had tipped them, I just wanted the dogs to fail. I don't care that they signed Des Hasler - they are entitled to that, it's the smarmy way in which they have paraded his signing with Greenburg out the front acting like he has won his team a premiership already.

Why do the dogs fans love Greenburg so much? Shouldn't it be the players and the coach you look up to? The Kennel is full of messianic images of the bloke it's cringe-worthy. As much as I think Perry is doing a good job it's our star players who show the character and determination that I admire.

Anyway just serves to reinforce how lucky we are to hold the best team in the game in our own hearts.

Yeah it's a bit weird to be cheering on the admin team more than the sporting team. Maybe the fans are dominated by MBA students or something. On second thoughts, having seen their fans en masse, I retract that last comment. For mine, greenburg is a shyster, who would have been found out by now if he was in any other line of work.

DYEagle said:
We will have a massive problem replacing Killer when he retires. The guy is pure class!

You never replace guys like that.

I remember Eadie to Ridge to Stewart, the gaps were often horrific.

Eadie - ridge 7 years
Ridge - stewy 8 years

Yea bob you are right buddy
However we could get lucky with Gutherson he looks like a keeper.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6