• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lismore_fan

Bencher
Ok.. upfront.. I am slightly biased against Hayne - The commentators' darling.

Was he that good tonight?

Ran out on the first tackle of Parra's offence.
Two out on the full kicks.
Did a lot of sideways running.

One 40/20.
Two no look passes which resulted in tries.
Topped the metres gained.

But does that constitute best on field for Parramatta?

He put a lot of runners into holes though, thought they looked dangerous nearly every time he had the ball.

I think he's over-rated. Parra's best, but what does that say? He's got quite a few mistakes in his game. Missed tackles, kicks out, kicks dead, throws forward passes, gets pushed out, poor positional play. A media darling which is bewildering.

Brookvale said:
enormous kicks, something that can be useful in Origin 3

If we kick the ball out on the full twice in SOO we will get hammered. They are lucky we didn't score last night from both occasions.

sorry , i meant if he is on his game and kicks a few 40/20's.

those kicks into the dead ball line were useless.

i was at brookie and although hew made afew mistakes,like the kicks out on the full,he played pretty damn well i reckin and looked dangerous everytime he touched the ball,he is one of those unpredictable players like Thurston,when he has the ball in hand he puts the opposition in two minds and they hold back on him and dont seem to know if they should come in and tackle him or wait for him to pass,he did play well last night.I reckon as soon as he gets the ball they should just line him up and smash him asap,rather than hold back on him.

I don't have the hate for him some people do. Some of his passes were exquisite and he's got just about the biggest boot in the comp and was only inches away from having 3 40/20s against a very experienced and skillfull back 3. That being said, if I was an Eels supporter I would still want the 09 version in heartbeat over what he does now. What we don't know is how much of the way he plays is influenced by the coach and the game plan due to their halves ability and how does that change next year with Sandow and Roberts coming to the club.

the thing is he is parra's best player.without him ,we would of flogged them.
however he is over used,relied on too much which causes him to error.a bit like benji marshall.
parra need to find another player for their kicking game.
sandow will help next year

Myth with capital M. How about the two no look passes that went straight to the turf in the last 2 minutes when they needed something better. He can't produce under pressure. I said it back in 2009, you can only get so many no look passes to find their mark and so many chip kicks to bounce your way. He looks good when his low percentage plays come off, but looks like a goose when they don't. Problem with Hayne is that he doesn't have the smarts to work out when to try something spectacular and when to play smart. Look at how useless he was at 5/8 for Parra whne he had to think and organise the plays. It was an insult to players like Lockyer, Thurston, Stewart etc to have ever called him the worlds best player. Over-rated in my book.

Today's RLW has a tweet Hayne posted on twitter on Monday. It reads:

"busing it to Manly early. I'm a big fan of the northern beaches ;) if only Parra was closer"

Both those big passes that the commentators were blowing him about ,were forward..

bones said:
Today's RLW has a tweet Hayne posted on twitter on Monday. It reads:

"busing it to Manly early. I'm a big fan of the northern beaches ;) if only Parra was closer"

Is this genuine? Interesting if so..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6