Hecks out for 6-8 weeks!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
Hecks suffers new setback
ADAM LUCIUS
Manly Daily
07jun05
MANLY prop Daniel Heckenberg aims to be back for his side's run to the finals after being cleaned up by an Adrian Morley special last Friday night.

Heckenberg, in his first game back from a knee injury, came off second best in a collision with the Roosters hitman, damag ing the AC joint in his left shoulder.

The hard-working front-rower will be out for six to eight weeks.

``I'd only just come back and now I've picked up something else,'' he said yester day.

``It's very disappointing more than any thing but all I can do now is work on the rehab and try and get back just before or after our bye (in round 20).

``That gives me five or six matches before the finals.

``At least I'm back for the good part of the season.''

Heckenberg missed the back end of the Sea Eagles' stirring 22-18 win over the Roosters at Aussie Stadium.

The visitors trailed 14-6 at the break before overwhelming last year's grand finalists.

The controversial victory - the home side had two tries disallowed - catapaulted Manly into second spot on the NRL table.

It was only the club's second night win in its past 11 matches under lights.

``It was definitely the most exciting game I've played,'' Manly skipper Michael Monaghan said.

``The quality both sides produced was pretty high.

``To produce a performance like that against the Roosters in a Friday night game is very encouraging.''

Manly prop Brent Kite has been charged with a grade one contrary conduct after allegedly lifting his knees in a tackle in the 78th minute of Friday night's game.

He will miss one match if he accepts an early plea.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6