Heighington eye gouge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just heard on the news he was cleared because 'he thought the player's head was the ball'.

I wonder what Henry and Thurston will make of that?

I am starting to suspect that the heads of many NRL official's are really pumpkins.

They knew they couldn't do anything after not suspending grub Burgess. It's a joke.

Might as well just throw an eye gouge into every tackle. It's obviously legal now.

Must be Minnies defence for kicking at Horo's head:mad:

No footage on the News of that - Easts v Souths Conspiracy Gf coming up!

Napper said:
Might as well just throw an eye gouge into every tackle. It's obviously legal now.

Yeah, Refs will turn a blind eye :p

Just some harmless shenanigans by these players, they are really funny mischievous guys.

Lima should have run the defence that he thought Choc's leg was a wild boar that had run on the field and he was merely trying to hogtie it.

Haven't seen any vision at all of this Heighington one

I have to laugh every time I read about the Burgess "eye gouge". The interpretation must have changed a lot over the years if that's what they consider an eye gouge these days !!

I thought it was a eye rake, rather than a gouge. I think they should just have one defence, stupidity, and that'll get them off. Wouldn't work for Manly players though.

Here is a pic of it - dunno how anyone could even think it was intentional

515481-rake.jpg

Kiwi Eagle said:
I have to laugh every time I read about the Burgess "eye gouge".

Me too but I think it is a concern as to why you would do something like that. I've noticed a few instances of Souths players doing a similar thing - Goodwin got pinged late in the first half for a facial on Slater but got away with one in the 2nd half. I think when Maloney scored v Souffs in the last round they did it too. It seems to me that ever since the "one punch and you're off" edict came all this cheap grubby sh!t is more prevalent.
With His Royal Burgessness only getting a warning why would they stop?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2