Here's this weeks team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
MANLY WARRINGAH SEA EAGLES v CANTERBURY BANKSTOWN BULLDOGS

Qualifying Final - 2014 NRL Premiership

Saturday 20th September, 2014 – Allianz Stadium

NRL Kick-Off 7:45pm

1. Brett Stewart - proudly sponsored by Mega Fortris

2. Jorge Taufua - proudly sponsored by Acenet Solutions

3. Jamie Lyon - proudly sponsored by CLA Lighting

4. Steve Matai - proudly sponsored by CAP Transport

5. Peta Hiku - proudly sponsored by Innovative Print Solutions

6. Kieran Foran - proudly sponsored by ACG Building

7. Daly Cherry-Evans - proudly sponsored by Braza Churrascarla

8. Jason King- proudly sponsored by Shine and Sparkle Cleaning

9. Jayden Hodges - proudly sponsored by Proton Cars Australia

10. Brenton Lawrence- proudly sponsored by Fluid Building Services

11. Tom Symonds - proudly sponsored by Brookvale Tyreright

12. Justin Horo - proudly sponsored by Scotty's Bakehouse

13. Dunamis Lui- proudly sponsored by Urban Building

Interchange

14. Jesse Sene-Lefao - proudly sponsored by Foleys Nursery

15. Cheyse Blair - proudly sponsored by Beachwheels Automotive

16. James Hasson proudly sponsored by Thompson Health Care

17. Josh Starling - proudly sponsored by Hit Cafe

Jesus thats a lot of personal endorsements. Chezza has a pretty good one. I wonder if they let him eat brazilian bbq for free regularly. Id love that

I doubt he will be dropped. Toovs is big on being loyal to his first XIII, as they will then play for the coach in return. Its about player loyalty and building up that bond where they will do anything to play for the coach. He has said before ''Jorge is an important part of this team'' - sticking by the players who are players of the future is what he will do, despite him letting in a couple of tries. Toovs will hope he comes good and hopefully Snake receives most of the bombs

My 2c

When was the last time a player was dropped for form? Was it Wolfie?

I'm glad this is not the Positive thread as I may lose it. I want us to win. I went into anaphylactic shock last Friday and it was seriously painful. And we will lose it with that lineup. I won't name any individuals as they deserve better but we are done if that is what we get.

My 2 cents worth

Foran/DCE to 9

Tafua to the bench/second row. He's more or less the same build to choc is he not??

Blair on the wing.

Littlejohn to 6.

Be interesting to see if team harmony is any better given Chocs week off.

Cava, I don't think you win big games by moving players from their best position to cover somewhere else. You don't have to agree of course. I'd rather risk one player out of position to wholesale changes which can only result in untried combinations.

If our old hooker is fit by Saturday that change would be a given, failing that if Jayden is fit he didn't do a bad job of his first game so I'd stick with him.

I really only feel Tafua is letting us down, and I'd slot Blair straight in there.

Hasson is a plodder BUT who else do we have, and no Tafua to the forwards isn't the answer.

Snake said:
I think a good coach sticks by Taufua...the only coaches that would drop him would be Ricky Stuart and the arm chair brigade on this forum.
Taufua was on the verge of NSW selection this year . He has been a gun for us and last week he had an average game and the only way a good coach can build his confidence is to believe in him and not drop him and lose faith in him .

ManlyBacker said:
Cava, I don't think you win big games by moving players from their best position to cover somewhere else. You don't have to agree of course. I'd rather risk one player out of position to wholesale changes which can only result in untried combinations.

Fair enough. IF Matty or Hodges are unfit, what are the options though.. DCE has played a bit of hooker for Queensland from memory. 9 these days is such a vital position. Like many supporters I feel Tafua will have the heck bombed out of him. Hence bring Blair in. Something's doing.. he's been named on the bench again.

BOZO said:
Snake said:
I think a good coach sticks by Taufua...the only coaches that would drop him would be Ricky Stuart and the arm chair brigade on this forum.
Taufua was on the verge of NSW selection this year . He has been a gun for us and last week he had an average game and the only way a good coach can build his confidence is to believe in him and not drop him and lose faith in him .

I agree dropping him will be disastrous for his confidence....trouble is including him is disastrous for our chances!!

BOZO said:
Snake said:

Mate Qld was rubbing their hands together waiting for him to get picked. Thurston would have bombed the crap him and he would have been found out then.

Jorge just needs an off season working on this obvious weakness. Manu Vatevai was the same; they sent him down and worked with him and he came back a lot better.

COMMANDER said:
BOZO said:
Snake said:

Mate Qld was rubbing their hands together waiting for him to get picked. Thurston would have bombed the crap him and he would have been found out then.

Jorge just needs an off season working on this obvious weakness. Manu Vatevai was the same; they sent him down and worked with him and he came back a lot better.
Brother , Before he got injured he was doing well under the high ball and that is why he was on the verge of NSW selection . One question I have for you . How many games has Taufua lost for us ?

Why is it disastrous for his confidence? This is professional sport. If your not playing well you should get dropped.

Sorry Jorge.. your form is poor and your confidence is down.. your still in our plans but we need to work on your fitness and confidence in the off season for next year. This week we will be going with Blair/Gutherson.

Done.

I can't understand why being dropped has to be so devastating for a player? Sure it sux, and you probably go home and kick the dog (please understand I am joking everyone I would never do that, I meant kick the cat) and get all shirty about it. Then you realize why you have been dropped, work with the coaching staff and improve your deficiencies.

Sure it's a different sport, but how many great cricket players were dropped and it was the making of them? Steve Waugh (for his twin), Bradman, Shane Warne, Allan Border.....they've all been dropped and came back with more desire to make a go of it.

You know what I personally think would be disastrous? Taufau left on the wing so Hodkinson can bomb the c*** out him and let in a couple of tries.

And then to Blair and Gutherson. How long do they stick around for (more Gutho) if they see a player making error after error and playing poorly and still being selected? Taufau in 2012 and a lot of 2013 was one of the best wingers in the comp. No question in my mind. This year whether through injury or whatever he is struggling.

Also why was Taufau not selected for NSW? I think one of the games before Origin he got bombed....and chose to let the ball bounce, not compete. It was obvious he wasn't ready.

Mark from Brisbane said:
BOZO said:
Snake said:

I agree dropping him will be disastrous for his confidence....trouble is including him is disastrous for our chances!!
Taufua is a destructive player . He would have been very disappointed with his last game and would be grateful 2V had shown faith in him and this is how players give their all for their coach .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4