hey dan, what about this as a new feature

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hey Dan

As we have had our first game, the forum is back in business and with the loss there is a lot of the same old. That's cool. Its life. I'm not against it but i would like to see a feature added if its not a big problem to you

Very similar to the likes concept you have adopted, we can add a whinge button, so posters can read and vote on wether they think its a classic whinge

And then similar to your posting feature where you receive a title after a certain amount of posts , once a poster receives

50 Whinges they get a status like Serial whinger added to there profile
100 whinges = princess syndrome
150 whingers = mega whiny bastard
or similar and the person with the most whinge credits always carries the crown as The king whinger until they are toppled by some other sad sap

We always have the argument on wether is a whinge or wether its constructive criticism or whatever, let the readers decide and vote, and also run a poll to get some better titles for the whinge title. It would be very helpful for new people to the forum

Just an idea

Does any one else like it

jbb/james said:
Hey Dan

As we have had our first game, the forum is back in business and with the loss there is a lot of the same old. That's cool. Its life. I'm not against it but i would like to see a feature added if its not a big problem to you

Very similar to the likes concept you have adopted, we can add a whinge button, so posters can read and vote on wether they think its a classic whinge

And then similar to your posting feature where you receive a title after a certain amount of posts , once a poster receives

or similar and the person with the most whinge credits always carries the crown as The king whinger until they are toppled by some other sad sap

We always have the argument on wether is a whinge or wether its constructive criticism or whatever, let the readers decide and vote, and also run a poll to get some better titles for the whinge title. It would be very helpful for new people to the forum

Just an idea

200 whinges = Ryan lol

(just kiddin love ya passion)

Cambo said:
jbb/james said:
Hey Dan

Just an idea

200 whinges = Ryan lol

I don't think I was whingeing mate? I thought I was just sharing a balanced opinion. I think Tooves needs to tighten the bolts a little tighter, and focus on attention to detail.

I may be wrong.

I remember watching trials with Matabele one year under Des, where Manly got anniahlated at Bluetongue by The Roosters.

Don't think Matai forgets Matabele that day, either :cool:

That may have actually been 2008???

Sorry guys, I'm just not as emotional as I was in my younger days, so really, I'm just not going to fire up as much as I used to anymore.

im not singling you out Ryan as i know your aware of this. Its fair to say you also contribute some amazinging good informed reading. But rather than 1 person going up against 1 person, or someone calling someone out which often leads to spits and spats, it gives a more even and balanced view of what we all write on the forum. Essentially if I was to receive 100 whinges it would make me think about my contribution or wether the message I am trying to convey is being received the same way by the masses

Maybe a balance system where likes and whinges can balance out the total to reflect better a persons contrbution

WAMF said:
Double points for whinging about whinging?

off season = double demerit points, where have i heard that before.

jbb/james said:
im not singling you out Ryan as i know your aware of this. Its fair to say you also contribute some amazinging good informed reading. But rather than 1 person going up against 1 person, or someone calling someone out which often leads to spits and spats, it gives a more even and balanced view of what we all write on the forum. Essentially if I was to receive 100 whinges it would make me think about my contribution or wether the message I am trying to convey is being received the same way by the masses

Maybe a balance system where likes and whinges can balance out the total to reflect better a persons contrbution

WAMF said:
Double points for whinging about whinging?

off season = double demerit points, where have i heard that before.

I reckon we also want people to feel comfortable to contribute whatever they want, without feeling worried (it's why Silvertails was created originally). I'm especially talking about new to Manly, new to web-boards posters.

Ryan said:
Cambo said:
jbb/james said:
Hey Dan

Just an idea

200 whinges = Ryan lol

I don't think I was whingeing mate? I thought I was just sharing a balanced opinion. I think Tooves needs to tighten the bolts a little tighter, and focus on attention to detail.

I may be wrong.

I remember watching trials with Matabele one year under Des, where Manly got anniahlated at Bluetongue by The Roosters.

Don't think Matai forgets Matabele that day, either :cool:

That may have actually been 2008???

Sorry guys, I'm just not as emotional as I was in my younger days, so really, I'm just not going to fire up as much as I used to anymore.
Mate I was just stiring your cool

Concept is good, execution will be difficult.
I am hard at work moving the site over to a new system at the moment so it's not something I will implement at the moment, but we will see what I can do with more time

understand dan, just an idea. No pressure to implement as i doubt the landscape will change much. Just appreciate your consideration

I do also understand what Ryan is saying about posting without fear of labeling. Its a fine line but i suppose, it depends on how its delivered and received, maybe anonymous would be best

I believe some would take it to heart where others may wear it as a badge of honour, and see the light side of it

Whinging Award...Great concept JJB/James but I would like to go a step further. I would like to see Awards given to best Speculators and the most ill-informed. So many Academy Award winning performances in this forum. We can call it simply the.... WTF Award

I can add a fun awards system or something like that, where we have the 2012 end of season awards, come up with some categories and I'll open the results to vote sometime toward the end of the season

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6