Hey Joe - pick up the phone!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
"Its Des Hasler"
"I hear Russell Crowe thinks you should be a priest & in the past few years at Parra & Souths you faded away to only a shadow of the player you were at Penrith"
"Heres the thing, at Manly we can bring out your career best form with your direct robust running with the football, fearless defence & rejuvinate your attitude like a rookie - we believe in you"

In recent times Manly has transformed many unwanted NRL players like Bryant, Robbo, Le Strange & many more but imo - this turnaround considering Joes age, form, injury clouds & self doubt is absolutely massive.
Congrats again to the coach who flies under the Radar!!

And congratulations to Joe for his great attitude!!

Not good to see him go off (again) concussed on saturday night - was it an elbow to the chin that he copped in a tackle?

The week off to freshen up will undoubtedly benefit everyone. Go Joe!!!

Probably my favourite player, although that's a difficult thing to say in a team of marvellous players. Apparently he's a very good role model off the field with the younger guys. All good.

Career best form? I don't think so. Our best forward? Yes. Well at least until Kite wins us another Premiership.

Ceagle said:
How many times this year has he been concussed?
He is playing like the new kid with something to prove at 100 mile an hour, every game - maybe a bit to do with it.
I recall a concussion 2-3 weeks ago where he picked himself of the canvass & put a shot on the next play causing a turnover - inspirational in a team full of leaders, he has definately earned the right as 1 of them!!

Cliffy4PM said:
Career best form? I don't think so. Our best forward? Yes. Well at least until Kite wins us another Premiership.
He may not have the dynamics from the hair bear days in the premiership winning Penrith side but he now plays for longer periods & in tighter. I guarantee the job he is doing with that direct running much closer to the rucks though maybe not as spectacular without as many linebreaks or tries is every bit as effective for the Seaeagles as it was for his role at Penrith, plus his tackling is definately better.
Career best for mine.

His leg drive is great. He always carries two players ten metres. I think he's never played better.

Ceagle said:
How many times this year has he been concussed?

Not a pretty sight.
I've been there... wearing a wobbly boot.

Perhaps I didn't get mine with breathtaking defence that Joe gives.

Volley said:
To be fair, he was pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good for Parra in 09.

Was about to say this. They did make the GF that year and may have won it if not for cheats.

MK Eagle said:
In recent times Manly has transformed many unwanted NRL players like Bryant, Robbo, Le Strange & many more but imo - this turnaround considering Joes age, form, injury clouds & self doubt is absolutely massive.
Congrats again to the coach who flies under the Radar!!

Perry, Kennedy massive changes in performance and attitude.

bones said:
Volley said:
To be fair, he was pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good for Parra in 09.

Was about to say this. They did make the GF that year and may have won it if not for cheats.
Have to agree Joe went well as an impact at the end of 09 when they won 12 odd games straight Bones, but the leaders of that pack were Fui & Hindmarsh. One of the main things imo with Joe is he is not JUST impact, he now leads from up front & has been on many occasions the 1 laying the platform with an infectious positive attitude that seems to rub off on the Seaeagles pack. Since the loss of Kingy i think he has lifted another level.

Des IS the coach of the year as only he can turn kids ( DCE ) into men and priests (JOE) into gladiators.

this week off will do Joe a world of Good.

If Joe can put a perfomance like his days @ the panthers, theres no stopping us!!.

I remember the semi final game against the Bulldogs, Joe was a machine.

With all the travel he has to do it shows just how close all the boys are for him to re-sign with us. Even Trex commented on how the team play like Brothers and it is showing on the field.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4