hey mickqld can we recover?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bazeagle

Bencher
it was a fair point you made in another thread that if we lost to parra we wouldn't recover. still think that? I am concerned. we seem to switch between tough defence (as in last night's first half) then we slip into complacency, a touch of arrogance, a few errors slip in and bingo the momentum has shifted. 2V has got a job on his hands. it's all there skill wise, but mentally we are all over the place. so can we recover?

I don't know about Mick but i expect a BIG win over the Panthers next week if we are at all serious about making it to the GF let alone winning it. We lack in the Forwards but we have never had the best forward pack, we still have the team to do the job but our attitude has to improve, we were winning comfortably at halftime then our usual switch off at halftime killed us.

@mickqld isn't the best person to ask that question, remember he writes us off EVERY week!!

Next Sunday will tell us a LOT about our team, yes they are playing at home BUT they are playing the team coming 3rd.

It will tell us if last nights capitulation has either

1) Stirred us into action
2) Finished our season

Lose against the Panthers and we'll lose against the Cowboys and probably finish 5th (at best 4th).....won't really matter their confidence will be that shot that we'll be "out in straight sets"

Win against the Panthers and we will secure a top 4 position, Minor Premiership is but a distant memory now, also takes the pressure off the last game at Townsville.....clearly top 2 is ideal BUT a top 4 spot is still ok.

Can we come back to win a Premiership in 2014.....sadly I doubt it, the others have stepped up a gear and we seem to be marking time, I just can't see how they can play like they have done these last 3 weeks and suddenly "switch on" as everyone is talking about.

I'm not slashing my wrists just yet but the argument I have been having with my wife about having to attend a family wedding on GF day (yes there's a chance I'll miss my first ever Manly GF appearance since 1973) is on the back burner.

All the joking aside with writing us off every week but I just have a real despondent gut feeling today. Not just last night's loss but the last 6 weeks we've struggled to score points. I don't know if it's all this dissent talk starting to take effect but I really thought at halftime we would win. To see us blown off the park by a team that wasn't in the 8 was quite frankly shocking. Can we turn it around well yes talent wise we have the squad to do it but I don't think mentally we can.

In 2008, we had forwards like Glenn Hall, Jason King, Mark Bryant & others, yet won the big game 40 zip.

Then again, all those players loved and supported the team they played for.

Maybe that's the difference.

Ryan said:
In 2008, we had forwards like Glenn Hall, Jason King, Mark Bryant & others, yet won the big game 40 zip.

If you are correct @Ryan then maybe it's time for a complete clean out, sit them down and say " you want in or out " if out, seeya.

This club has survived bigger things than Choc & Brett having hissy fits.

Just look at the Panthers, got rid of theirs 3 best players .

We might take another 2-3 years to be a winning team again but I think I'd prefer that than just turning up for the sake of it.

Mind you I'm still NOT convinced that this is the cause, I think it's more to do with everybody else improving and we aren't .

Mark from Brisbane said:
Ryan said:

If you are correct @Ryan then maybe it's time for a complete clean out, sit them down and say " you want in or out " if out, seeya.

This club has survived bigger things than Choc & Brett having hissy fits.

Just look at the Panthers, got rid of theirs 3 best players .

We might take another 2-3 years to be a winning team again but I think I'd prefer that than just turning up for the sake of it.

Mind you I'm still convinced that this is the cause, I think it's more to do with everybody else improving and we aren't .

If Parra can go from hopeless spooners to what we saw last night in 12 months we will be able to stay at the top for the coming years with the crop of players we have coming through! Need to use our recruitment team to find some more muscle up front if the wrestle fest around the ruck area is to continue!

If at the start of the season someone told you Manly would be running 1st on 34 points (albeit Souths to play), with two rounds to go we all wouldn't have believed it. If a line-up like Newcastle can have a turn around in attitude and beat the likes of the Storm, warriors, roosters etc can't see why we can't. Everyone has the odd bad day at work and whinges about their workplace. (my case, last five years). Choc and Brett no different. Saves a lot of time on the weekend when Manly loses Friday night as I don't have to read the newspapers or watch any footy shows.

its called ball control, if you keep handing back in your own half your going to get a hiding. the turn over rate in the second half made us look second rate, tooves has a big job on his hands to turn this around. no ball no win, and the panthers headed up by kite will slay us. but I still think we can get over this problem and still make the gf

Likely to be Full contingent next week with Namus and Gifty back - predicting Gifty to make immediate impact and raise spirits of the team ready for our tilt.

All well and good, I just don't know why you would want to rush a bloke back who hasn't had a game in 3 or 4 months. Maybe with injuries and suspensions there isn't a choice??

Tareeeagle said:
All well and good, I just don't know why you would want to rush a bloke back who hasn't had a game in 3 or 4 months. Maybe with injuries and suspensions there isn't a choice??

With the way toovs rotates the bench and under uses 1 or 2 quite often, we can afford to carry gifty for 2 rounds in short spurts, wouldnt want him in the team by returning in the finals without a couple of regular rounds

We won't win another game this season. Our defence is pedestrian, our forwards are soft and can't bend the line and our attack is rushed and at times panicked. All games from here are against contenders and all have forward packs that make ours look like the pussies they have become.

I might open another bottle of Red Wine.

Ralphie said:
We won't win another game this season. Our defence is pedestrian, our forwards are soft and can't bend the line and our attack is rushed and at times panicked. All games from here are against contenders and all have forward packs that make ours look like the pussies they have become.

Sounds like you have had a couple already

Mark from Brisbane said:
Ralphie said:

Sounds like you have had a couple already

3 bottles

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4