• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

nodd

Bencher
Utility, your a Sunnybank legend r u not? you venturing to Brissie for their 40th year celebration?

I did not know about it Nodd (shows how much they wanted me there) I would love to go, when is it ?

Would be nice to rub shoulders with Thurston, the Coyne brothers and a few of our other juniors who went on to bigger things.

thought you'd be more interested in rubbing shoulders with Mossy, janome , pissy pete townshend and the like :drunk: :D .

Come join the fun and help us celebrate.

All past and present players, oficials and supporters are invited to join in the 40th Anniversary celebrations at the Souths Sunnybank JRLFC on Saturday 7 July 2007.

The function begins at 7.00pm at the Woff Street Clubhouse and entry is free.

[quote author=nodd]
thought you'd be more interested in rubbing shoulders with Mossy
Mossy was one of my best mates, He's a local legend.
[/quote]

Yes I know, He ran over me a few times. Ask him about his "mate" Wade Core :lol:

Redlands.

Playing up a year in 18s. Beaten 16-14 after beating you lot in a final by 20 just two weeks earlier.

Nah, it was a cracker game. One ill never forget. Thoroughly deserved by your blokes. :twisted:

Redlands.

Playing up a year in 18s. Beaten 16-14 after beating you lot in a final by 20 just two weeks earlier.

Nah, it was a cracker game. One ill never forget. Thoroughly deserved by your blokes. :twisted:

Hey don't put me in with the black and whites :evil: . I hate them more than you ever could.

When did you play for Redlands, flip??

I used to play against Redlands.. we beat them in a presidents flag (played at carina) but then they went on to beat us in the Grand Final..

This was under 14's A grade so nothing too serious but we later found out their centre and their lock were both 17 year olds playing against 14 year olds. I remember these blokes being huge!!

They were always the two blokes carving us up so you can imagine our jubilation when we beat them in the presidents flag (19 - 18) and then in a normal club game later that year we beat them 22 - 20 but the mongrels got us in the grand final 24 - 20.

I played from 10 - 17yo

Was playing up a year in 18's in 2001. So was 17.

What year were you born? I'm 84'.

Did you play for Burpengary?

May have crossed paths somewhere.

Do you ever remember getting absolutely smashed in a tackle? ;)

fLIP Wed Jun 20 2007, 02:27PM
I'm 84'.

Nutzcraw Wed Jun 20 2007, 03:26PM
yeah, i'm 84 and yeah I played for Burpengary.

Proud of you boys for playin on at 84. Makes all these current day players seem like wimps.

How are you managing the osteoporosis ??

Interesting, I might actually hate your guts, flip. :lol:

Were you in the team that had an older Lock and an Older Centre??

I used to play centre for us and had to mark the big unit... back then to us he seemed much like Mal Meninga, Massive and would usually run over the top of you. He was a tank, but we kept him pretty quiet most times... We had some classic games with Redlands.

Was there a guy in your team and his nickname was "Big Ben" or something. I remember someone saying that out on the field. I can't really remember too much but I do remember kicking a conversion from the sideline against a Redlands side at Banyo in a semi final to win us the match :) :yeah:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6