HEY VIDMAR

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

loiners

Sadly most of the spit and sawdust pubs have gone from the city centre as they're all these theme pubs now.Iff your wanting reasonable cheap pub there's the Becketts Bank on Park Row which is part of the Weatherspoons pub chain.Coming from your hotel walk towards the train station and you'll come to an area known as City Square which is virtually alarge roundabout iff your stood outside alarge hotel called the Queens walk straight across by the church this is Park Row,probably 10/15 mins walk from your hotel.Like i say reasonably prices.
For all your mates that might be getting abit homesick there's a Aussie theme pub in the city centre called The Walkabout.
Dont know what you lads have planned for the night of the game iff i may suggest head upto Headingley itself there's plenty of sound pubs,Woodies,The SkyRack and the Headingley Taps to name a few and slum it with us LEEDS fans.

safe journey over and see you around town

Hey vidmar give the birdcage a run mate. Apparently it's a great watering hole ;)

loiners said:
Sadly most of the spit and sawdust pubs have gone from the city centre as they're all these theme pubs now.Iff your wanting reasonable cheap pub there's the Becketts Bank on Park Row which is part of the Weatherspoons pub chain.Coming from your hotel walk towards the train station and you'll come to an area known as City Square which is virtually alarge roundabout iff your stood outside alarge hotel called the Queens walk straight across by the church this is Park Row,probably 10/15 mins walk from your hotel.Like i say reasonably prices.
For all your mates that might be getting abit homesick there's a Aussie theme pub in the city centre called The Walkabout.
Dont know what you lads have planned for the night of the game iff i may suggest head upto Headingley itself there's plenty of sound pubs,Woodies,The SkyRack and the Headingley Taps to name a few and slum it with us LEEDS fans.

safe journey over and see you around town

Thanks for that mate, I know a few of the group are keen to sample the local culture and mingle so there will be people scattered around.
We've all got "spiffy" new tour kit to wear so keep an eye out as we'll not be too difficult to spot (the gear,the tan, the accents and the hats with corks dangling off 'em will all be give always?)
There are all manner of things planned to keep us interested and have fun but we look forward to catching up with you and other Leeds fans (and of course any expat Eagles fans!) so will no doubt see you around so come over and say G'day?

Forgot to mention referance your enquiry about The Ship,,sound boozer smack in the middle of the city centre but it's a tricky one to find you could walk straight passed it as it's tucked down a lttle alleyway off Briggate.It's not one of these theme pubs but a traditional good old boozer,having said that i hav'nt been it for a few years so hopefully it has'nt been refurbished.

eagles2win said:
Want to go and see this 'Aussie' themed pub for ****s and giggles

Sells Tooheys, VB and the lot :)

After the 4 Nations final it was packed out with Aussies and locals a like. Our group have hired the upstairs bit after the WCC just in case it's busy.

Hollywood Harrigan said:
eagles2win said:

Sells Tooheys, VB and the lot :)

After the 4 Nations final it was packed out with Aussies and locals a like. Our group have hired the upstairs bit after the WCC just in case it's busy.

Mates have been to the US version and were pissing themselves at it.

Got an Irish mate and to annoy him asked if theirs all these Irish pubs all over the world what do they have in Ireland,($

The Ship was the pub of choice for the 09 Tour so can't see any reason to change this time. Please note guys the tour group will be at the official post match function with both teams after the match so are unlikely to make contact with you that night.

eagles2win said:

I think your talking about the walkabout pub mate, not sure if there's one in Leeds in 09 I had a huge night there in London after everyone went home.

Cambo said:
I think your talking about the walkabout pub mate, not sure if there's one in Leeds in 09 I had a huge night there in London after everyone went home.

Yeah, we've had one in Leeds for a long time. It's at the top end of the city in Leeds.

I went to an Aussie themed pub in Toronto.
There was a menu on the table and a "glossary" of "strine"
First word was "Avro" which according to the menu meant "afternoon" (!!!!!)

There are a few pubs being bounced around but the Ship would seem to be the first one we'd head to (some of the group have been there before so we'll be right to find it.

As there are all sorts of trips and functions we'll be out and about for many of the days/evenings but there will no doubt be a few that get around town during our stay.

Pre-game we've been invited to the Leeds supporters social club and post game there are a couple of functions (one at the ground and the other later with the players and staff) which will mean it's unlikely any of the group would miss these and head for beers around he ground or in town.

Cambo said:
eagles2win said:

Hey,cambo,thought you were a god fearing,bible reading,non drinking fellow like myself..................

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2