Hiku leaves egg on faces

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
This is the headline that would be great to read in the morning.
Many ppl have been bagging him this week, reporters, ppl at work, banter all over NRL forums....
Short memories imo as Hiku had a super year in 2013 & would be welcome as a starter at most clubs, everyone has the odd bad game & one thing I credit Hiku for usually is reliability.
As a massive Stewart supporter, there's NO fullback who compares so its huge shoes to fill & Hiku plays a completely different style based on toughness & is great around that rugged ruck area....maybe perfect in the tough slug tonight.
Really love a Seagles win against the odds with Hiku MOM

Maxta I actually can't believe some of the anti-Hiku sentiment on here. There is only one Prince of Brookvale, but to have someone like Hiku to be able to cover......what club has such an able fullback replacement?

So he made a couple of errors last week, big deal. Choc has been coughing up the ball regularly for years. Buhrer's is normally good for a hold down penalty or two each week. DCE had a brain explosion or 3 last week as well. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Only a moron would expect him to be a clone of Snake. Hope he has a good game tonight, we'll need it with Gifty out now.

I remember Brett Stewart dropping a few pills against the bongos some years ago. Glad some posters are not involved in team selection and retention.

Hiku is a very good reserve fullback. simple as that

Its not an omlette but Brett does not have the strength to stand and offload there. Hiku brings different strengths and we have a try.

Part of the problem is that when he plays fullback, Peta is replacing one of the greats. But we can't expect him to play like Snake does. Hiku is a different player, he's young, strong and does have some pace.

Sure, we're stronger when Snake is out there doing what he does best, but how long has he been out there doing it? He's not forever. Its pretty obvious that Peta is being groomed as his long term replacement, lets let him develop his own game before we go bagging him for not being Snake.

IIRC, replacing Wombat and later Ridgey wasn't easy. We went through a few players before Bozo signed Dale Shearer, while we didn't really find a long term replacement for Ridge until Snake came along. I think this time we're pretty lucky that we have someone like Hiku who can step straight in if Snake is out, or when he eventually retires.

He's a very different player to Brett but he's still a very, very good player. Great heart, great skills. I'd hate to see him at another club.

He had a stinker last week. I'm sure he knows it as much as anybody else does. Bounced back like a quality player does tonight.

God said:
He was much better than Brett was this week @ about 1/10 of the cost
There must be a good reason why he is about 1/10 of the cost LOL . He was very good for us this week . Much better than last week thank God :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4