Hiku - MOM

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon64

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just goes to show how tight a match it was.

Peta deserved the award.

Don't remember the last time a player on the losing side won MOM.

Well played son.

Sterling job - did very well. Not often man of the match goes to a loosing team member. Well done.

He was outstanding all match, he will be one of the best fullbacks in the game with a few more years experience.

Hiku played exceptionally well and deserved to be man of the match but I dare say that if snake was fit and played then he would have stopped that try.

I wonder if Hiku will be a smokey for a spot with the Kiwis in the WC? He can play just about anywhere in the backline and definitely wouldn't be a bad choice for Stephen Kearney's team.

HoldenV8 said:
I wonder if Hiku will be a smokey for a spot with the Kiwis in the WC? He can play just about anywhere in the backline and definitely wouldn't be a bad choice for Stephen Kearney's team.

They've made numerous worse selections than Hiku.

He would not be out of place.

Guy had big shoes to fill. Did an excellent job.stepping in for Snake and getting MOM. Great effort. Think he's a keeper.

he return the ball from kicks really well and i was concerned about bombs tonight and he handled them perfectly.

In saying that, i thought he stifled the backline movements at times. Surprised he got MOM, but wouldn't take it from him.

Super future!

When you consider Hiku has only played a handful of first grade games his performance in a pressure match was outstanding.
In a few years I have no doubt when the top fullbacks running around are being discussed Peta Hiku will be one of the first players mentioned.
He's just going to get better with more game time.

As tough as it was watching us lose, I am very proud of Peta. To win Man of the Match in his 1st Finals games on a losing team was huge. I thought he was outstanding. He was safe under the high ball, returned the ball hard, was solid on attack and defended well.

This game really was a defining game for me personally. While I have been happy with how Peta played in 10 regular season games, I still wondered whether he could be a fulltime 1st grader. I thought he may possibly only peak as a second tier replacement due to his versatility. Last nights performance showed me he can. I thought Peta exhibited great confidence and composure in a big game. He wasnt overawed and just did his job.

Peta definitely still has more learning and improvements to make in all the facets of his game. He possibly could have stopped that try if in better position defensively and while his second man play is improving with more experience he can become better. He will never be a speed demon so he has to make sure his decision making on attack and defence is top notch.

In saying all this, I think the main factor for Peta's development will just be gaining more playing time and experience in top grade. If this was his last game this season, I have to say he has had a rookie year even I couldnt have dreamed of. So proud and happy for the nephew.

Jax24 said:
As tough as it was watching us lose, I am very proud of Peta. To win Man of the Match in his 1st Finals games on a losing team was huge. I thought he was outstanding. He was safe under the high ball, returned the ball hard, was solid on attack and defended well.

This game really was a defining game for me personally. While I have been happy with how Peta played in 10 regular season games, I still wondered whether he could be a fulltime 1st grader. I thought he may possibly only peak as a second tier replacement due to his versatility. Last nights performance showed me he can. I thought Peta exhibited great confidence and composure in a big game. He wasnt overawed and just did his job.

Peta definitely still has more learning and improvements to make in all the facets of his game. He possibly could have stopped that try if in better position defensively and while his second man play is improving with more experience he can become better. He will never be a speed demon so he has to make sure his decision making on attack and defence is top notch.

In saying all this, I think the main factor for Peta's development will just be gaining more playing time and experience in top grade. If this was his last game this season, I have to say he has had a rookie year even I couldnt have dreamed of. So proud and happy for the nephew.
I came here looking for your post mate.
Your family should be so proud the kid had the biggest shoes to fill on the biggest stage and he was exceptional. I hope manly wraps him up long term.

The kid has just got it....even when (if) Brett gets back Peta gets a bench spot for mine. And only going to get heaps better too.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4