Hiku offer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bones

Bones Knows
From zero tackle:

The Manly Sea Eagles have offered Peta Hiku a three-year deal they hope will convince him to remain on the Northern Beaches.

Hiku’s manager, Stan Martin, flew in from New Zealand to fast-track negotiations this week and the Sea Eagles have formally tabled a deal for him to remain until the end of 2016. While Canterbury’s interest has been well publicised, the wildcard is another Sydney club which has weighed in with a deal significantly higher than that of last year’s grand finalists.

Hiku has made it clear his preference is to stay at the club which gave him an NRL start and Manly will be given a final opportunity next week to bridge the gap between theirs and the more lucrative offer.

That's encouraging @bones. Hopefully we can offer the kid enough to keep him here.

By 2016 he'd be well and truly established and we should be in a position to substantially upgrade, and reward him for sticking.

bones said:
Hiku has made it clear his preference is to stay at the club which gave him an NRL start and Manly will be given a final opportunity next week to bridge the gap between theirs and the more lucrative offer.

So, his preference is to stay.... but not for less $$ than elsewhwere?

We've made an offer but still have to up the ante.

So really his preference is to play where he gets paid more.

Whats more lucrative than playing for Manly?

Well i guess this is some positive news. I really hope we keep young Hiku, but I really fear that someone is going to offer more than we can afford.

He will get a permanent spot in the future. But he probably isnt willing to wait for it.

Im still surprised we renewed wolfy contract over Hiku.

I like how the Roosters are using Tuivasa-Sheck and Minichello. Having them swap between Wing and Fullback throughout the match. I think Snake and Hiku should try it.

go to:
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/manly-offers-peta-hiku-a-new-threeyear-deal-but-rival-clubs-circle-20140404-zqqrt.html

there is a more in-depth article on this

It sounds like a reasonable offer. I can't imagine the Eagles will have many more dollars in the cap to offer this time round son. But I am sure you won't regret it if ya stay.

Let him go, we have Gutherson there to take over from Snake. Use his money to keep Glen.

Ralphie said:
Let him go, we have Gutherson there to take over from Snake. Use his money to keep Glen.

g'day all, I don't think it makes any difference what we do about Peta it seems that somehow the league says that Glen is worth more than we are offering and what he would accept which is ridiculous when it was widely reported that lockyer was apparently only taking up $250,000 of brisbanes cap for years.Didnt seem to be a problem then?
cheers mike

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6