Hiku outstanding again ... in Test match

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Beaver boy

Reserve Grader
Peta was enormous again, time for him to show that consistently at club level even though he's been quite good for us.

I'm with Budgewoi Eagle; I think Hiku has been strong for Manly this year. I am really liking what I am seeing from him at centre I have to say. He made some really good reads again today and his footwork at the line can cause the opposition problems.

He has been thrown all over the place for Manly in the opening 8 rounds, played his best game last weekend in the centres.
Didn't watch the game today but good to hear he played well.

Becoming a really good defender. Could shore up our centre defence until weight catches up. Who will eat their way to back row first? Hiku or bj leilua?

He's playing on the wing and we are getting soundly beaten most weeks = he gets the blame from some quarters

The kid has got talent, he's shown that by holding his own at international level. He's not the speediest back getting around, but I like his strength, and I think he is a deceptive runner. He reminds me of Hodges and I reckon centre is his best spot. Stats aren't the be all and end all, but he is by FAR our leading All Run Metre gainer this year, so god knows how we'd be going without him.

He's still maturing but continues to show a lot of promise...I feel he's sometimes unfairly criticised for defensive mistakes on the wing. It's been happening to all our wingers and it's more to do with team structure and injuries.

He's playing on the wing and we are getting soundly beaten most weeks = he gets the blame from some quarters

The kid has got talent, he's shown that by holding his own at international level. He's not the speediest back getting around, but I like his strength, and I think he is a deceptive runner. He reminds me of Hodges and I reckon centre is his best spot. Stats aren't the be all and end all, but he is by FAR our leading All Run Metre gainer this year, so god knows how we'd be going without him.
I totally agree.

He is a deceptive runner of the ball, and line-break statistics will back that up. He has a good fend, a lovely step, and is starting to show his wares in defence. He lacks the passing game to be an elite fullback, therefore I think centre is his position.

He has been a consistant performer, all this weight issue is BS as he has never been a fast runner so it's not as if he has slowed down. For the Kiwi's he plays in a team with great players and a forward pack that makes good metres so his talents can be there for all to see. Hope he sticks with us for the long term as he will be a superstar with a couple of more years experience

I thought Peta Hiku was gone with that leg. I was sitting there watching and when I saw it my first thought was "$hit, he's broken his damn leg" but I think its just going to be badly bruised.

You know, I don't get some of the criticism he gets on here. We all know he's not a winger and gets blasted at times for his defence on the wing. But coming in has been a bad habit of Manly wingers since we lost Robbo. Peta, Wolf, Blair, Jorge.....they all do exactly the same thing. That tells me its the defensive structure of our team more than any single fault of the wingers.

Personally I think Peta has been one of our better players this year. He's played on the wing, at fullback and in the centres so he hasn't been able to settle into one position. I still think his best position is FB, however with Tom T set to be the Manly fullback when Snake retires, and with RTS at the back for NZ I think Peta will end up being a career centre. And he'll be a damn good one at that.

What time in the game did he injure his leg? Didn't watch the game but he was still out playing in the 2nd half. That's all i heard on the radio before i got to work.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4