Hiku wake the #%& up !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lamph1

Here's a guy who manly have put a lot of faith in. re-signing for big money and touted as a future club star.
well start showing it mate.
intensity is poor, no extra effort and looks about 5kg overweight.
defence as wing/centre has been poor and effort tonight at favoured fullback position average.
plenty of less skilled and paid guys in the team are working a lot harder !

He is an overpaid, overrated under-achiever . . . and always will be.

Accepting medocrity is why we will run an embarrasing last this year and will not exist in 4 years.

I think hes a solid player with a lot of ability, the things i can agree with you though is that he is overweight and can run sideways.
Then again, killer was underweight for a long time
And, cherry evans runs sideways as much as anyone.
I could name a handful of others who have played worse recently
Each to there own i guess

I too thought he went ok, but he really didn't inject himself at all and provide an option in attck. Don't forget he completely outplayed Inglis in the Tri nations final recently at fullback. What other option did we have. TomT not ready for fullback just yet.

Hiku had a mixed game, I would love to see him go back to the form he had in late 2013, he made a regular 150 metres plus a game and we really lack metres at the start of a set and its really hurting us.

Was one of our best tonight. There were a couple of other overpaid players that the club had put a lot of faith in that have ****ed us over.
Very unfair to be giving Hiku a serve after his efforts.
Hiku 19 runs for 187m, 4 tackle breaks. DCE 7 runs 21m. I rest my case.

19 carries for 184 metres. Snake's best this year has been 13 carries for 92 metres against St Merge.

I thought he had a solid game. Doesn't have Snake's skills in attack (but then, not many do really), but was good at the back tonight. Yes he could have been better but there were more than a few team mates who you could say that about, especially one soon to be very highly paid halfback who was woeful at best tonight.

Hiku is a back up fullback on 330k pa

For the positions he can cover he is certainly worth the $.

Thought he was solid tonight, but certainly lacking spark. Maybe our saviour Donny "whip em into shape" singe can make him do a few more crunches in the off season.

I thought he played well enough..

He is only on a quarter the money the halves are on. Therefore he over achieved tonight.

Don't get me wrong, even though Peta makes more metres from the back than Snake does, we would definitely prefer to have Snake in the #1 jumper. But having the current NZ fullback as a backup isn't a bad thing. Kinda like back in the mid-late 80's when Rowdy Shearer was our fullback and we had Darrell Williams, the then NZ fullback, as the backup playing mostly at centre.

Even Gary Belcher mentioned in commentary that he thinks fullback is Hiku's best position. And Belcher should know, he was a great fullback himself. But I think with Tom T there as well its obvious that with us Peta is destined for the centres when we no longer have Killer or Skivy or both.

Thought he went alright,safe under the high ball and some good runs,he's had to cover three positions in the last few weeks as well.Hard for him to be creative when the halves do nothing.A lot were worse than Hiku tonight starting with DCE Foz T Red Blair etc.....

Yes. He shows up every week hoping to play at second row but ends up at centre. Give me a team with three symonds three buhrers two Lyons some turbos and a dunamis or two and I would win you a comp.

That has been part of the problem. T-Red has only really played one game this year (last week) in the back row. Every other game he has spent the majority of it playing centre to cover an injury. Unfortunately he's nothing more than a stop-gap centre at best. He is a back rower. He's doing his best but playing out of position is hurting him and the team.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4