Hodges - Ballin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Beaver boy

Reserve Grader
Hodges provided much needed spark. Ballin is a liability. Good defender, but so is Mchulloch, Nathan Friend, Jake Friend and they provide zip out of Dummy half. Ballin is not creative, slow and stifles any attack. They must keep Hodges there . He's a good one.

You can't write Matty B off - he didn't make errors all night.
A quiet game by his standards, same with Matai which was strange.

Lets not go overboard on Hodges impact off an overly simplistic reactive knee jerk glowing reference/analysis from Gould and not taking the overall big picture in.

Yes Hodges game is a little more unpredictable from dummy half but he will only be of any use at the back end of halves when the opposition forward pack fatigues or loses intensity for what ever reason be it fatigue or lazinesss or loss of interest.

Bulldogs are known for dramatic fades or just dozing off----they get into a poor structure lacking speed and straightness.

Yes he took advantage of the situation something that has always been lacking in Ballin but would of made zero difference in the first 20mins of the half.

Does not come across as overly quick/sharp and ball distribution from dummy half is nothing great.

Happy to be proved wrong, but hodges wouldn't get a start as the second string hooker at most clubs. Hopefully we are looking at McInnes.

Bit harsh on Matty B mate - I think he's solid! However I do agree that hodges should also be in the side as he adds that attacking flair we miss - he really had a go tonight - he should be re signed I believe
We dont need a solid hooker. I was ho hum when Ballin and Matai resigned.

Ballins best attacking weapon is his crisp service from dummy half on both sides of his body. However, we rarely get to roll into an attacking situation where that particular skill is a huge advantage. We used to, but not this season.

Been one of his biggest under-rated assets crisp direct composed passing from dummy half on both sides.
He is second to Cam Smith in the NRL for crisp and direct service. It's fantastic when the team is playing well and the pack is strong and effective. Ballin was never required to do much more than dish off to international halves and an international forward pack, but that luxury no longer exists, and given he is not the most creative dummy half, he is struggling to have an impact on games.

Hodges game is very similar to that of James Segeyaro when he first started playing over at the cowboys, replacing Aaron Payne for 15 mins in each half. Hodges has a good dynamic running game and adds an unpredictable flair to our play which we haven't had all season except for a glorious 15 minute period by DCE against the Storm. He's still only 21 and I have no doubt that he will improve plenty more when given more time.

Hodges game is very similar to that of James Segeyaro when he first started playing over at the cowboys, replacing Aaron Payne for 15 mins in each half. Hodges has a good dynamic running game and adds an unpredictable flair to our play which we haven't had all season except for a glorious 15 minute period by DCE against the Storm. He's still only 21 and I have no doubt that he will improve plenty more when given more time.
James Segeyaro is more sharp and aggressive

Balin has no impact any longer what he does from dummy half are basic.He never runs the ball.Where as hodges tonight ran the ball & looked dangerous in attack.He needs to be on the park longer than balin.

I'm done. I have no more interest in carrying this ball and chain. This is not the Manly I grew up cheering, but I guess I shouldn't expect that. I should just be happy with the tripe and mediocrity? Whatever. Bye.

Can someone please advise me on how I go about ignoring Beaver boy ??

click on his/her user name under the avatar on the left...

when the info rectangle pops up (you'll see what I mean) ....click on the word ignore!

I'm done. I have no more interest in carrying this ball and chain. This is not the Manly I grew up cheering, but I guess I shouldn't expect that. I should just be happy with the tripe and mediocrity? Whatever. Bye.
another so called supporter, quit when the going gets tough. thank god you were not around in our early years. If you only like winning go see if you can be happy with some other team but remember a true manly supporter should never quit its in our blood till we die. go the mighty eagles we will soar again when all the injuries and consternation over players has ended until then bring it on. if we do win the spoon we will have won every trophy this is the only thing we have never won. be positive it could be worse we could still be the northern eagles.
65 years a supporter,

Hodges showed what a lot of us thought at the start of the year.

Keep him there and give the team time to adjust and get used to 2 styles of play.

Matty will lift his game as well once he adjusts and learns how much extra energy he has, he will start running again like he used to when Le Strange was used.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6