Hodges

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rodo

Goldmember
Tipping Member
Wow, what a performance from Hodges. Would have to have been Manly's best player. Such a courageous effort after being taken to hospital last week. Some great runs from him from dummy half.

Manly's found another top player whose going to be a superstar for us in the future.

Rodo said:
Wow, what a performance from Hodges. Would have to have been Manly's best player. Such a courageous effort after being taken to hospital last week. Some great runs from him from dummy half.

Manly's found another top player whose going to be a superstar for us in the future.

Agree great effort, but for mine JSL was the man

In fact JSL, Starling and Hodges showed equal passion. JSL just had more to show tonight

Considering we usually don't use the last member of the bench, seeing him there for a twenty minute stint would not be a bad option.

JSL tred and starling were huge and Lyon in defense in the last 30 was huge that was a captains knock and if you watch the game again keep an eye on him. Masking 3 huge tackles in a row holding off the overlap and defending against two. His effort should not be disregarded.

I thought every one of our forwards were fantastic. How good did we look without the constant crabbing of watmough! Hard and fast and straight they all did it

In another thread someone was calling him a gun. TBH, thats just way over the top and im certain he wont benefit from the added pressure.

Long long long way to go with Hodges and if you look at the game again (ie without the heat of battle stress) you will find a plethora of mistakes, poor service out of dummy half and some bad reads from the ruck play.

Im not knocking him at all but very early days with his development.

in all the good this guy has for the future, gee he took some wrong options tonight on the 5th tackle. In saying that, it would be hard to come into manly's 1st grade team with Ballin being there so long and be able to just slot in.

Still, it's experience for next year.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Sillybus said:
I thought every one of our forwards were fantastic. How good did we look without the constant crabbing of watmough! Hard and fast and straight they all did it

I thought the same. I was sitting really close to where the boys were warming up and they looked happy. DCE had a spring in his step and a smile on his face that had been missing for too long. Some people are saying they still hope Watmough stays. Why ? We don't need him derailing another season.

Manly signed him to a 3 year deal and he knocked back a vacant first grade spot at the Cowboys knowing it could have been his and he came down to play behind Ballin. The club most definitely has a long term plan for him.

I thought he was outstanding at times, but noticed some poor options. In saying that, what a huge ask of the young guy to come in and take the right option in the pressure cooker of semi-final football. He scored the try that got the ball rolling for us, so well done.

I do think we win with Ballin tonight though, because the Dogs marker defence in the second half was terrible. In saying that, with experience, Hodges will do just as a good a job as Ballin I am sure.

Snake said:
I thought he was outstanding at times, but noticed some poor options. In saying that, what a huge ask of the young guy to come in and take the right option in the pressure cooker of semi-final football. He scored the try that got the ball rolling for us, so well done.

I do think we win with Ballin tonight though,

because the Dogs marker defence in the second half was terrible. In saying that, with experience, Hodges will do just as a good a job as Ballin I am sure.

I disagree. While Hodges MAY not have taken full advantage of poor Dog marker defense (which I'm not convinced of anyway... Did you not notice the nature of our first try?) I don't think Balin would have taken any better advantage of it. Though we do lose something in having Balin to shore up the middle in defense.

Comparing ballin to hodges is am unjust travesty.

Ballin is 5 times the hooker hodges is but hodges had a decent game and more time will serve him well

Not that they seem to mean anything anymore but the contracts run out at the same time... It's a good problem to have

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2