• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I felt a bit for Hodges, he has a red hot go, but his service isn't immaculate. But on the other hand he has played precious little first grade.

I think it's worth keeping the rotating between him and Matty. I believe Hodges will only get better, and Matty really seemed to provide more when he was on.

One thing though I really think yesterday did highlight, and that's just how great Matty Ballins passing out of dummy half really is. It's something a lot of us (me included) have taken for granted.

I felt a bit for Hodges, he has a red hot go, but his service isn't immaculate. But on the other hand he has played precious little first grade.

I think it's worth keeping the rotating between him and Matty. I believe Hodges will only get better, and Matty really seemed to provide more when he was on.

One thing though I really think yesterday did highlight, and that's just how great Matty Ballins passing out of dummy half really is. It's something a lot of us (me included) have taken for granted.
In addition to his defence! Think Hodges can offer something but he is in a different class at the moment.

Totally agree.
His role as dummy-half is to get the ball to the half or the first receiver - not the pusher in the tackle. Too many times he just wasn't ready to get the ball from under the ball-player.

His passes from dummy-half were woeful. Lucky that our first receiver could catch the high-balls, 'cos there were a lot of them!

Matty B. may be slow in darting but his passing is always immaculate and can we really do without his 56 tackles in each game?

I think you are right, plenty have taken it for granted, but I am not one of them. It's so crisp, direct, and accurate. I love his right to left pass to Foran when we are inside the opposition 20; it's a bullet and it's out in front of the receiver. He threw a beauty to Foz in the 2013 GF for the Taufua try.

Jeeze you guys are hard to please. We win the match. Our attack was the best it's been for a long time. He makes 27 tackles and misses just two. He gives us options off the bench.
What would you rather - another plodding forward on our bench? We've already got too many of them!

Matty has always been under rated but its a pity a lot of that comes from our own supporters!

This won't stop his knockers from saying he is too old or slow.

Hodges has a long way to go to be a regular.
I don't think anyone is knocking Matt. But, like most players, he has his limitations. This season it has become apparent because our attack has been so pedestrian.
His defence, passing and commitment to Manly has not been questioned, and in the years ahead I think he should become a Manly coach or official.

Some of you must wear blacked out glasses - Whilst generally Matty B's service is very good there has been a few games this year where he has thrown multiple passes that completely miss the player. Add to that he has not been ready for offloads on a few occasions as well and his almost non existant dummy half running that allows the markers to focus solely on the forward about to hit it up, far from immaculate as suggested.

Give Hodges a few games to settle in to the pace of the play the balls before making a call, to expect him to be sensational in one of the toughest positions on ground is asking too much.

The one question you need to ask is Did Matty B play better by getting a breather?

Heaps better is the answer.

personally i don't feel he added to our win at all, I don't believe he is up to FG standard.
3 occasions yesterday he muffed our go forward. My Sharks mate was praying we kept him on the field.
I was glad he was hooked after getting in Ligi's way.

It would also help if Ligi ran forward. As a front rower should. Instead of running sideways.

Someone said Matty had a slight rib injury in the first half. Just think it's better having Hodges there getting some or little game time. To Hasson getting a spot.

It would also help if Ligi ran forward. As a front rower should. Instead of running sideways.

Someone said Matty had a slight rib injury in the first half. Just think it's better having Hodges there getting some or little game time. To Hasson getting a spot.
If you want to see sideways running review the video and see half a dozen of Fifita's carries yesterday.

unlucky not to get a try when he dived over the line from dummy half. had some speed about his darts from dummy half. I also thought ballin was better because of the lighter workload.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6