Hodkinson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
Just speaking to a Slime supporter about how well Hodkinson is going.  He said that Parra is intent on luring him home.  All his mates are there.  Is he signed up? 

DSM5 link said:
Just speaking to a Slime supporter about how well Hodkinson is going.  He said that Parra is intent on luring him home.  All his mates are there.  Is he signed up? 
I reckon he will have some new mates right where he is. Winning and being successful is a lot of fun, I reckon he'll be happy to stay.

We could quite easily have both our halves bought out from under us with no one round to replace them, I'm surprised how long manly let people negotiate for, you just need to look @ what Dwarford did last year to see it doesn't work.

missing_something link said:
We could quite easily have both our halves bought out from under us

It says in the article on the link above that Foran has re-signed :

"The 21-year-old City halfback will be off-contract at Brookvale in spring and the Sea Eagles have limited room to move under the salary cap given they have re-signed Glenn Stewart, Kieran Foran, Anthony Watmough and Jamie Lyon to lucrative long-term deals."

Excert from article.

swoop link said:
[quote author=missing_something link=topic=183230.msg261589#msg261589 date=1272965754]
We could quite easily have both our halves bought out from under us

It says in the article on the link above that Foran has re-signed :

"The 21-year-old City halfback will be off-contract at Brookvale in spring and the Sea Eagles have limited room to move under the salary cap given they have re-signed Glenn Stewart, Kieran Foran, Anthony Watmough and Jamie Lyon to lucrative long-term deals."

Excert from article.
[/quote]

I read that too, but no official announcement from the club on Foran resigning unless I missed it?

Hmmmm.....wake up in the morning to the golden sun rising in the east over the ocean at Harbord, hearing the waves crash against the rocks, and a cool ocean breeze blowing in,

OR

wake up in the morning at Belmore to the next door neighbours garage door rising as the drug dealers grab their munitions, bullets crashing against the rocks, and a warm diesel breeze wafting in...

I know which one I'd choose Trent.  

I am still waiting for the official announcement that we have signed Matt Orford so I am not going to lose sleep over Foran or Hodko at this stage. Dogs have just signed Barba long term so I doubt there is lots of room for them to trump us. As far as the Eels go, haaaa!

1) he enjoys playing for the club
2) enjoys training facilities
3) enjoys playing alongside teamates
4) hes got more first team football opportunities here
5) hes got more of a chance for a premiership here

I know it always depends on $$ but my point is that if we match anyones offer he will stay with us and same goes with Foran.

But of course if they offer heaps more $$$ we either let him go or keep him and loose perry and matai which IMO is a worthy sacrifice.

So if we want him bad enough he will stay here.

Surely we would have a little room this year to pay him some sort of sign on bonus if things are tight.  We did plan on paying Orford this year so unless we have upgraded other contracts for this year we should have somehting to offer this year if he signs on for longer. 

Just how good would it feel to lose Hodkinson thanks to not enough casholah under the cap and then have the current salary cap review board work out some sort of plan so the Storm can keep they're fantastic 4 ne><t season.

I think we will lose him.  The Dogs will have more room than us and it is closer to home than us.  Hopefully he wants to stay for a little less for a year or 2!!!  Yes I know he said he is happy and wants to stay but do you expect him to say anything different. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the Dogs are trying to lever a lower price out of Kimmorley to give him one last year or two. If they keep him, they won't be after Hodko as they have just signed Barba for quite a while. Hodko is a Cabrammata boy so the climes of the beaches are not going to be the main factor in where he ends up.

I think the club will do what they've got to do to keep Hodko and he would be silly to turn his back on what is blossoming quite nicely for him.

Hopefully he'll realise that being with Manly is the reason he's playing 1st grade at all at the moment due to the unexpected departure of Orford. I personally think he's going gangbusters and in a few years will be one of the great halfbacks..

Although dollars speak louder than words and with our situation I don't think we will be able to hold onto him, especially considering he's starting to play rep footy.

Surprised the Tigers haven't had a stab at him... they've tried everyone except that grub Bryce Gibbs in the number 7

I hope he stays but the dogs will have close to $250k to throw at him but that is the salary cap.

This is when Phil Gould's comments come into effect about growing our own talent. Hoddo was badly injured at the Eels and we gave him a chance and persevered with him and now we are getting the best out of him only to possibly lose him.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4