Hoffman is a cheat and he tried to break DCE's neck

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bazeagle

Bencher
Sorry but why didn't the officials pick up Hoffman squeezing DCE's neck after the tackle was made (and high) then he could be seen to be leaning with force on DCE's neck.
The officials did zip.
Will the match review committee pick it up?
Of course not. They are blind as well.

Both were bad but that vave was much more blatant. 12 weeks each would be fair.

They will continue to get away with it.

They did it to wolfman last year when he tried to crash over for score a try, 4 dudes surrournded him with one wringing his neck.

Oh yeah. the cheating storm put Gift out of business so crying hoffman can get his origin spot. hoffman is a girl like ben creagh... no thanks!

Yeah I thought Hoffman's was accidental. However the one before that should see the Storm guy get 3-4 weeks - deliberately dropped on DCE's neck.

bennyeagle said:
Some people on here carry on way too much, hoffmans tackle was fine it was just an awkward position !

Did Hoffman make contact with the back of DCE's head/neck? YES
Did he mean too? I DON'T KNOW
Is it relevant if it was intentional? NO
He did it and he should be punished whether deliberate or not.

Brookvale said:

They did it to wolfman last year when he tried to crash over for score a try, 4 dudes surrournded him with one wringing his neck.

If you are talking about when Wolfie fractured vertebrae in his neck, mate that's a bridge too far - it was an accident end of story

voicefromthehill said:
Brookvale said:

If you are talking about when Wolfie fractured vertebrae in his neck, mate that's a bridge too far - it was an accident end of story

may have been an accident, but it's only millimeters from being on a wheelchair.

It hurts me to say this, but the Storm are going to put some poor player in one.

All for saving a few seconds in the ruck.

Wrestling is apart of today's game and I hate it ! But the storm do it best, ask any player. Until its made illegal they won't change !

Brookvale said:
voicefromthehill said:
Brookvale said:

may have been an accident, but it's only millimeters from being on a wheelchair.

It hurts me to say this, but the Storm are going to put some poor player in one.

All for saving a few seconds in the ruck.

Unbelievable - they did not twist his neck, he tried to barge over and headbutted (Slater I think) in the chest, the resulting impact was the cause, no neck twisting involved IMO

Above all else, players have a responsibility to not cause serious injury. The rules neeed to be devised AND applied in accord with this principle. That is the responsibility of the officials.

Any other team than the Storm and you may give the benefit of the doubt on the intentionality of a dangerous tackle to the player in a situation like Hoffman's tackle. However when dangerous actions by a player or team become repetitive, the benefit of the doubt equation shifts. Ask Matai.

IMO there is no doubt on the intentionality of the prop's tackle on DCE that caused Choc to run in.

And IMO given the Storm's long, long history of introducing dangerous tackles not in the spirit of the game, both need to be treated as if they were intentional.

No one is suggesting T-Rex's tackle was intentional , and he went for an extended stay on the sidelines because the tackle ended up being dangerous. If there is any consistency, that punishment for T-Rex needs to be the starting point (before intent is considered) when assessing these two tackles.

Utility Player said:
On that basis King should get a month for his high shot on Lowrie.

No he shouldn't get 4 weeks there is a huge difference here.
King was penalised and placed on report.
Neither Hoffman of Vavai were either penalised or put on report.

WAMF said:
Utility Player said:

That's because the Storm seem to get away with way more, let's call them indiscretions than other sides. I clearly saw Hoffman lean on DCE's neck after the tackle was completed. It's a dog act of the highest order and the fact it got missed by the refs is totally irrelevant. They are under immense scrutiny for missing multiple incidents if you read the media.

The Storm are some sort of protected species. Even the commentators seem to ignore most of what they do. It took the most blatant and obvious incident (Vavai sp?) before commentary made a (belated) mention of it.

As for Cameron Smith, as I've said elsewhere, he'd have to hospitalize someone (heaven forbid) before anyone in the media will even mention his name in anything other than a worshipful bleat. His suspension before that grand final was regarded, at the time, by media elements as some sort of witch hunt, to me it seemed like a slap on the wrist bit of tokenism. Any other player from another team would have been out half a season or more, grand final or not. Talk about a golden boy. Anyone would think that some media element was involved in the Sto .... Oh:/

As someone else mentioned, when some poor bloke gets tragically incapacitated (again, heaven forfend), and the perpetrator trots out the Nuremburg Defence .... well watch out Bellamy and the rest of 'em.

Intensely worrying:////

WAMF said:
Utility Player said:

Toatlly agree on the Vaivai incident but I think Hoffmans was unintentional.

Watch the three in a tackle by the Storm. They never roll to the side but the first one in, after the others have clambered off, seems to walk over the tackled player, thereby slowing the play the ball. And with those gang tackles there is always some ones arm up around the neck of the tackled player. Someone is going to be seriously hurt by that tactic. The Storm cheat, end of story.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4