Hollow rhetoric

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
Three recent events underline just how hollow is the claim of many RL clubs about the importance of ‘culture’ and teamwork.
1. Dugan. He appears to be a ratbag and gets cut because of his bad behaviour and lack of team spirit, yet is being wooed by certain clubs desperate for wins
2. Beale. Likewise, and is apparently being chased by some RL clubs
3. Barba. We were told he needed “time away from the game”, but as soon as the Dogs started losing he “needed to get back to the game”.

So, talented footballers can get away with just about anything off the field. The only thing important to certain RL clubs is the two points for a win. We’ve known this for years, so please Dogs/Boncos/Illawarra/’Riff/Easts spare us the spin about the welfare of players being paramount. Your words are as hollow as your premiership chances!

Let's face it though (with regard to Barba's situation), Greenberg is the finest CEO in the business. Just ask Philip (The Sage) Rothfield -

0 premierships, 1 wooden spoon, a raft of scandals and the highjacking of an oddball coach (and his lickspittling coterie) from another club, in just 6 or 7 years at the helm.

Awesome stuff.

Not only hollow but hypocritical as well. How many players have been sacked from the donkeys for bad behaviour. I am sure gagai was sacked for far less than dugan has done.

MissKate said:
Not only hollow but hypocritical as well. How many players have been sacked from the donkeys for bad behaviour. I am sure gagai was sacked for far less than dugan has done.

And probably less than what Lockyer got up to as well.

"Culture" is just another one of those words, like "brand" and "leverage", that has pretty much been stripped of meaning.

MadMarcus said:
MissKate said:

And probably less than what Lockyer got up to as well.

I think this is wonderful really. Years ago the bronx would have never even considered dugan and his baggage, but it shows how desperate they are from within. They know they have limited scoring options and now they are telling the world as well

Yeah it's great to see the Boncos desperate and reduced to scrambling for second hand grubs to shore up their ailing lineup. Buying Prince was the deathknell of their once professional ruthless armour.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6