Home away from home venues 2017

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
Back to Brisbane and Perth once again in 2017.

Wouldn't have minded if they club decided to have a home game at the SCG next year. Manly v Parra on a Sunday Arvo celebrating 70 years has a nice ring to it.

I assume the Brisbane game is vs Brisbane? Might make sense when you are strong, but at the moment this outfit resembles NE/MWSE, circa 2002 to 2004.

We really do have obtuse
f-cksticks running this organisation.

Last edited:
The good thing about this is the coin, and our cheer girls/home jersey/eagle rock... As long as I see that, I'm good to go :)

Both games are multi-year deals which were mentioned this year when we played in both places. Can't be bothered looking it up but we're locked in for the double header at Suncorp and a game in Perth for a few years.

I've no problem about Manly playing a few games in areas like Perth, Central Coast, PNG, Tokyo even North Sydney oval etc as long as its an even arrangement regarding home and away allocations. Its good for the game as a whole for all teams to play around four games a year in new growth areas. Of course turn around matches should be around 6-7 days before and after for matches played in distant locations

What I cant handle is giving away our home games to the opposition grounds, or having more home games elsewhere while our away games are all at opposition locales.

And the League must actually strategise much more effectively their turn around matches arrangement, so that no team is facing another game in four days. If your team plays on a Monday, it should play no earlier than a Saturday evening the week later. Surely that's not hard to arrange with a little forethought. And the games should be played evenly over the weekend period. A team like Brisbane should never have most games on a Friday night for example. That just shows biased thinking by the League.

No money is worth giving the news filth donkeys an extra home game. We should look at New Zealand alternatively. Would love 10 games at Brooky and 2 at the SCG

The good thing about this is the coin, and our cheer girls/home jersey/eagle rock... As long as I see that, I'm good to go :)
Yes it was nice to see that this year and the opportunity of better seats as well.

Last edited:
Both games are multi-year deals which were mentioned this year when we played in both places. Can't be bothered looking it up but we're locked in for the double header at Suncorp and a game in Perth for a few years.

Correct, 3 years comes to mind!

I don't know why Channel Nein/NRL don't mandate that every Friday night match is on at Suncorp Stadium. Why should the beloved Boncos be forced to travel, where they invariably lose. And while we are at it, the Grand Final must be played at Suncorp. The thin coach is getting too old to be hoping on planes every month or so.
Manly-Penn has done the right thing and sold out to the Broncos, so 'hopefully' every other club will fall into the bank line and help the Broncos reach their so richly deserved premiership in 2017.

I don't mind playing at Suncorp but against the Broncos is plain stupid, It's basically match fixing. We get 330 000 dollars to lose to Broncos. It pretty obvious the NRL has their favourites cause they are never ever going to make it a fair comp.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6